This state desperately needs an NFL team

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
Life long Bama fan here. I won't make this long, so here goes:

We need to diversify ourselves. I read the "step back from football" thread and almost wanted to cry. Stepping back from football isn't necessary. Having other resources to support should be the best route to go.

If this state had an NFL team, the pressure cooker wouldn't be as hot...but the product still wouldn't suffer because of the nature and history of the programs.

And imagine the economical improvement for the state!

Just my 2 cents. Roll Tide family! Keep your heads up! This ain't over!

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL
What he is saying is that the state is divided and if you had a professional team; then people would pull together. I think it would be great myself. JMHO

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
1. Where would they play?
2. Who would front the money?
3. We don't need a team owner coming in and asking for tax increases to build a stadium so they can make more money.......jmho.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Alabama's largest metro area has only got 1.1million people. Jacksonville which is considered a relatively poor NFL market has 1.3 million. Just like with Jacksonville an NFL team would suffer similar problems. A lowly expansion team trying to compete with two college football powerhouses in addition to countless other FBS and FCS teams. From a spectator's perspective even a crappy college game has better atmosphere than a great NFL game. In order for an NFL team to justify a presence in Birmingham they'd have to price themselves out of the market, thereby defeating the purpose.

Plus, the NFL owners don't want any new teams, more teams means less shared revenue per team.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
What he is saying is that the state is divided and if you had a professional team; then people would pull together. I think it would be great myself. JMHO
The NFL would never work in Alabama, IMHO. There is not a large enough population base anywhere in the state to draw enough fans to support a team. Birmingham is the logical choice and there is just not enough people in the Birmingham and surrounding areas to support a team. Even if there are enough in terms of raw population I'm just not convinced that folks would go see Bama or AU play on Saturday and then turn around and go see a pro team on Sunday or Monday. NBA would have a better shot at success than the NFL, IMHO.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
The perfect NFL state is Missouri, two medium size metropolitan areas and one FBS teams square in the middle of them.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't want an NFL team in Alabama. There's no need for one, we have Alabama football.

We just need to learn how to behave ourselves.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
No way!!!! No pro team in Alabama. This is one of the reasons the Bama- Auburn game is what it is. It should be painful when you lose and exhilarating when you win. Let ATL and NO have the pros.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.