The "I'm ashamed of myself" thread.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I will never be ashamed of myself for either supporting my alma mater nor for questioning things when they go wrong. When you love a university and team, it's like loving a family member in that you will always love them, but you don't always have to like what they do. There were a number of choices made in yesterday's game that I know I question because of the outcome. Had the consequences of those choices been different, I wouldn't have questioned them at all, most likely.

It is what it is. It's sports. It's like life. You deal with the bad right along with the good and just hold fast. But ashamed? Not one iota.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I liked the call the kid missed it by about 3 yards & he was dead center of the goal post.

A whole lot of stuff went wrong besides that field goal.

Alabama beat Alabama yesterday, not any missed field goal.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I feel like a handled the loss as well as anyone could. I didn't throw or brake anything. No screaming. There was only sadness.

And last night was the worst sleep I've had the whole year. That last play haunts me.
Same here. I went to bed as soon as I could because I couldn't stand being awake and thinking about it. Then I kept waking up because I couldn't stand being asleep and dreaming about it.

How's THAT for feeling miserable and out of sorts? :D

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I liked the call the kid missed it by about 3 yards & he was dead center of the goal post.

yeah we have a good future with him. He has a good leg.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I thought it got a LOT closer than that. The replay I recall seeing had it JUST missing by about a couple of feet. Of course, the trajectory would need to factored in. But, oh well--the kid has a LEG and I can't wait to see him kick!! I prefer TD's, but when we need the FG kicker, I'm excited that it will be Griffith.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Please allow me to elaborate.

My actions after this game supported the "spoiled fan" theory. I now shamefully admit that. The kicker to it all is the example I displayed to my 13 year old son who eats, lives and breathes the game of football and the Alabama Crimson Tide program. I expected to win this game by a significant margin but once again the "Iron Bowl" mystique bursted my high expectations bubble. Therefore the non typical display of disgust and temporary disappointment with the decisions made that lead to the win opportunity being evaporated. I've questioned play calling. I've disagreed with personnel decisions. I've lived through the "Three Mike" era.

Now..... To make this clear. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER be ashamed of my Alabama Crimson Tide.

RTR!!!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
If he had made the kick, he would have been forever immortalized in Iron Bowl Lore, like Van Tiffin.
Instead, we have another Punt Bama Punt.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
No shame in losing a ball game...none what so ever! The only thing that I'm ashamed of is that I am now forever more connected to those idiots who posted hateful, threatening comments on Cade Foster's twitter page. That's disgusting, uncalled for, and totally unexcusable. An earlier poster suggested that they remove themseles from the Bama Nation....I second that motion. All in favor, please say ROLL TIDE!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Okay...... I must admit I'm ashamed of myself. Last night I openly questioned the decision to kick the field goal that ultimately cost us a chance to win it in the end. I thought we should have taken our chances in OT. But after listening to CNS response on the decision I can now say I stand corrected and admit I'm just a bitter fan for having lost to the barn.

I HATE LOSING TO THE BARN!!!

And to those FANS??? who are/were cyber threatening Cade Foster. You are hereby invited to excuse yourself from the Bama Nation. :mad: You are completely and totally undeserving to wear Crimson or utter the words ROLL TIDE.

RTR!!! :biga:
I don't question the kick. We should have done something to win it in regulation and either choice was a long shot.

It really shouldn't have come down to that situation. We should have been in victory formation with the game already won. I'm not calling out any player, coach or unit but we had our opportunities and just didn't make good on them. That's the way it is sometimes.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
No shame in losing a ball game...none what so ever! The only thing that I'm ashamed of is that I am now forever more connected to those idiots who posted hateful, threatening comments on Cade Foster's twitter page. That's disgusting, uncalled for, and totally unexcusable. An earlier poster suggested that they remove themseles from the Bama Nation....I second that motion. All in favor, please say ROLL TIDE!
Its the internet. Its SOP

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
I don't question the kick. We should have done something to win it in regulation and either choice was a long shot.

It really shouldn't have come down to that situation. We should have been in victory formation with the game already won. I'm not calling out any player, coach or unit but we had our opportunities and just didn't make good on them. That's the way it is sometimes.
I made this exact comment in the game thread last night. Had we played to the level we're capable (see second half agains LSU, among many others) we win going away.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Kick, Kick, Kick, Bama Kick.

SMH
That was me in the OP. And a huge ROLL TIDE! Saw on the ESPN page where AJ, CJ and more of the team called the cowards out. Would dearly love to have a few of the team members show up on the idiots doorstep and ask for an "explanation". I hate idiot Bama fans as much as barners!

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
That was me in the OP. And a huge ROLL TIDE! Saw on the ESPN page where AJ, CJ and more of the team called the cowards out. Would dearly love to have a few of the team members show up on the idiots doorstep and ask for an "explanation". I hate idiot Bama fans as much as barners!
Isn't threatening someone a felony? You would think that law enforcement could track these head cases down through Twitter, and prosecute them. They might not think its such a great idea anymore. Totally embarrassed by the behavior of "fans".

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Saban is not a god. He makes mistakes, like every other human being, and he made plenty last night. I'm not ashamed at all for questioning those decisions. That's part of being a fan after a loss.
Saban didn't make mistakes my friend, he made decisions. A few of those decisions now look like mistakes because the players didn't execute the plays. The field goal attempt at the end had a far greater chance of being successful than a hail mary.
Blaming Coach Saban for this loss is ridiculous.
The real reason we lost this game is because we made mental mistakes in critical situations,especially the false start on the made field goal attempt-- we dropped passes like we haven't done all year, and we got our butt totally whipped on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
Auburn ran the ball with success in every critical situation. They kept us from running the ball in every critical situation.
That's winning the line of scrimmage and that's ultimately why we lost the game.
Blame somebody if you have to, but in the real world of football, we just got beat. It's that simple.
Now, let's get ready and be better for the next one.
sip

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I'm not sure how to make this, but I do feel some kind of relief after the initial "pain" after yesterday's game.

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
<< I was very pessimistic at that point and thought we would have had no chance in OT. >> That's just how I felt. In fact, I was so relieved that we didn't have to go through overtime and still lose that I wasn't as upset as I otherwise might have been at the outcome of the kick.

And I certainly thought the idea of using next season's kicker made perfect sense at the time.

RTR

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just kept saying to myself we've got to seal the deal! We've got to Nail that coffin shut or we are going to be bitten by a rattlesnake/black widow spider/tiger!

The problem: we never nailed that coffin shut and that dude came outta the coffin and ran 100 plus yards! Game over!

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
The decision to kick a field goal at the end wasn't the worst call. It was the combination of horrid decision after horrid decision leading up to trotting a freshman out for a 56 yarder that baffled me. Because I revere the man i can fool myself into thinking that most were justifiable. I'll even trust that something was terribly wrong with Kenyan Drake and not moan about that. Or that 11 games into the season our H Back has not been coached enough to know who to block on the most important play of the game. But the choice to go for it on 4th down and not kick a 30 yarder in the middle of the field to go up by two scores with minutes left me speechless and probably had even Belichek screaming at his television in disbelief.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.