Auburn TD pass in last minute

mgebama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2005
Auburn had several offensive lineman downfield on the TD pass in the last minute to tie game. This make the play they ran virtually impossible to defend. Can't blame our dbs for responding to a running play. Refs didn't cost us game, but not sure how they missed this one.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Auburn had several offensive lineman downfield on the TD pass in the last minute to tie game. This make the play they ran virtually impossible to defend. Can't blame our dbs for responding to a running play. Refs didn't cost us game, but not sure how they missed this one.
They sure did.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Please stop…. it didn't matter last night and still doesn't matter. WE LOST

okbama

1st Team
Mar 10, 2003
tulsa,ok74103
Let's quit saying what could have been. Our players feel worse than we do. God bless them all. The sun still came up this morning. Thank you to all the team we are Alabama and there are more great times ahead.

I'm so disappointed with the comments toward Cade Foster. We win as a team and lose as a team. Cade please accept my apologies from the Bama Nation.

RTR!

mgebama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2005
Certainly agree that comments toward Cade are inexcusable. Officials missing obvious penalties in key situations is inexcusable too.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Yes, the officials missed some key calls. But at the same time, we had, at minimum, 4 instances in which all we had to do is make ONE play, and we most likely win the game. It's like we were in a tennis match and we had four match points, and then proceeded to blow all four.

We had our chances.

We lost.

End of story.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
This game will be debated for years to come. The older members on here still discuss games years ago. No, it isn't going to change anything. It is just part of football.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Isn't that illegal? :cool2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There were a couple things that could have, and probably should have been called on that play. However, here's the thing you have to do as a team. You have to beat the other team by a large enough margin that the refs, that fluke plays, that a missed field goal, etc... won't cost you the game. Alabama didn't do that, and they lost. Was it fair? Perhaps not, but football often isn't fair.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
There were a couple things that could have, and probably should have been called on that play. However, here's the thing you have to do as a team. You have to beat the other team by a large enough margin that the refs, that fluke plays, that a missed field goal, etc... won't cost you the game. Alabama didn't do that, and they lost. Was it fair? Perhaps not, but football often isn't fair.
Exactly. If Bama had performed at their best, if they had executed when it counted, this would all be a non-issue.

The Sabanator

Dec 1, 2013
There must be 100 articles on the internet right now with various opinions on the Barn's victory & who shares the blame for Bama losing (including this one): Did Nick Saban's Strategy Cost Alabama a 3-Peat?
The pundits can talk all day long, but all Alabama can do now is learn from it. There is a lesson in every adversity, they just have to learn from it and CNS will eventually lead them to that lesson.

There are frustrating things about a conservative strategy, but the fact of the matter is that Nick Saban has done a phenomenal job as coach. Only 2 other teams have won 3 championships in 4 years since what, 1940? And not many more prior to that. He's an excellent coach and it's just hard to win when you're on top all the time. Just look at Bear Bryant's record. He had several 1 loss seasons and even some mediocre seasons in between.

I see this loss to Aubarn as the LSU game in 2011. We really moved the ball well and had opportunities, but just beat ourselves with mistakes. Sure, I hate jealous player haters at Aubarn as much as anyone, but you have to put everything in perspective.

Beating LSU in a revenge game for the national championship???? How sweet was that? Getting the opportunity to destroy Notre Dame in a national championship game???? That one was really special. So we've had some great opportunities and we will have more. We might even get to kick Aubarn's ... twice next year with the playoff. We've got the top recruiting class and the top player in the country. CNS is doing a great job and deserves our appreciation. Perfection is not an option. We have to take the losses with the great wins.

Oh yeah, and we destroyed Aubarn last year. Biggest smack down in Iron Bowl history. Appreciate the wins and learn from the losses. The Tide will keep on rolling...

And who knows? It's possible we could get another shot at Aubarn this year. You never know...

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
This

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I hated to lose, but I didn't any linemen downfield who weren't blocking. If they are blocking they can be in the end zone.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I hated to lose, but I didn't any linemen downfield who weren't blocking. If they are blocking they can be in the end zone.
That is not what the rule says.

Ineligible Receiver Downfield
ARTICLE 10. No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than
three yards beyond the neutral zone until a legal forward pass that crosses the
neutral zone has been thrown (A.R. 7-3-10-I and II).
PENALTY—Five yards from the previous spot [S37]

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I remember not too long ago we would have been ecstatic to be a one loss team this late in the year. I still am. No team can play a whole schedule and not come out flat sometimes. I think CNS made the right call on trying for the field goal, we have enjoyed some very good kicking from Cade Foster this year and I'm proud of all he has done for Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.