Post Iron Bowl Workplace Smack Talk

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
None here...put the quietus on it quick. If it flares up later, it will be literally stomped out.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Fortunately, I only have one co-worker who cares only about NASCAR. His wife and daughter root for Bama, but I don't know if you would call them die-hard Bama fans so I am having it pretty good today (I hope). Who knows if we get some Auburn fans as customers, but I must be nice to them. :)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Heck, the two Auburn grad engineers in my office haven't even shown up to work yet. One of them is always in by 7:30 or so. Nothing on their calendars. Maybe they're hung over.

13timechamps

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 10, 2011
Ohatchee, Al.
I work with 2 obnoxious fans of the "other team" and I have already had to walk away from the ESPN sports center rerun and all the crap that is spewing out of their mouths.... I have just decided to walk away and let them have their fun... Its not worth getting fired over and I am just patiently waiting until Saturday when hopefully Mizzouri hands them a beat down.... I must say, their are obnoxious barners here in Talladega as well...

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Barner here just said she doesn't care if they win against Mizzou, just that they beat Bama. Typical.
This speaks to the point that Jess made on his article, the Iron Bowl is AU's national championship game. We treated it like "just another game."

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This speaks to the point that Jess made on his article, the Iron Bowl is AU's national championship game. We treated it like "just another game."
That reminds me of something I was thinking about over the weekend. Considering the disparity in championships, bowl wins, totals wins, etc, it's pretty surprising how close the series record is.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I sent out on office email jabbing at the guys for not showing up. One guy replied that he was in Nashville today for a meeting, then came back with a 2nd email saying that he was buys booking travel to Pasadena. Another guy replied, "Are there good cyber Monday deals for the FSU/OSU game?" BOOM!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
No real issues here, but folks here are pretty calm about that sort of stuff.

My Aub co-worker got engaged right after the game. I told her that the loss was easier to take now that I could look at it as an engagement present for her.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
The funniest thing is that the only person that has had much to say to me is a Florida fan. What an idiot!!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
All three have come in. Kind of nipped it in the bud with the way I congratulated them. Overcoming it with kindness usually works, only one went further with it. I just sat silently and took it. When he had his say it was over, just pleaded ignorance and shrugged at the prodding questions. It didn't take to long to get through it.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm afraid whatever grief I get from a barner I had it coming. Getting over this loss is like swallowing a bitter pill so big it just won't fit...I can't quite get it down.

My lawyer/tenant next door is a big aubie and we are good friends. I've been pretty overbearing in the leadup to the game, so naturally he's having a little fun with me now. When he started up...I said "I'm so tickled Auburn is going to keep the National Championship in state, and keep the streak going." He started cussing me (as friends can do) and said my attitude took all the fun out of his gloating. And furthermore...he knew I was being insincere, almost sarcastic, just to sap his fun.

We laughed and went on about the day...I hope other Bama fans don't have to put up with too much stuff.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The only Barner to say anything took the high road and just said it was a classic game. I don't think anyone has the guts to start talking trash to me. I don't talk trash to other teams fans, I just prefer to talk the strength and weakness of each team and let the chips fall where they may. You start it and I'm knowledgeable enough to do a couple of precision strikes that usually will send them on their way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.