*** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Re-Commits to Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Commits to Alabama ***

Hootie with some big news today...

@LJ7_Era: I just decommit from Alabama, i need more time.!

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Wow, yeah that came outta the blue. Wonder if LSU is really pushing hard?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

LSU got a commitment from 5* LB Clifton Garrett yesterday. Some LSU fans wonder if his commitment is playing a role.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Hopefully someone just got in his ear and our staff can coax him back....

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

TIFWIW, but saw a post from someone on LSU's 247 forum saying the official visit didn't live up to his expectations and he had reservations about the commitment anyway from the beginning. Not sure how it didn't live up to expectations, was he expecting a 3 ring circus with Saban getting shot out of a cannon into Denny Chimes? Ugh, I realize he is a kid but that's always the part about recruiting that can make it tough to follow. Oh well, guess we'll see how it plays out.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

TIFWIW, but saw a post from someone on LSU's 247 forum saying the official visit didn't live up to his expectations and he had reservations about the commitment anyway from the beginning. Not sure how it didn't live up to expectations, was he expecting a 3 ring circus with Saban getting shot out of a cannon into Denny Chimes? Ugh, I realize he is a kid but that's always the part about recruiting that can make it tough to follow. Oh well, guess we'll see how it plays out.
he also said his mom didnt like the way she was treated on the LSU official

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

he also said his mom didnt like the way she was treated on the LSU official
Hmmm, maybe didn't get enough attention at the official Bama visit as also? Oh well, there is still a long time before NSD, hopefully Bama fans will keep it civil and not attack this kid on twitter. Always a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Decommittments with a month and a half to go don't make me want to jump off the ship because we have time to talk to them, possibly get them back, or to find someone else. I do however think we need some freakin defensive backs in this class. we are down to one. I hope we can work this out before signing day. Having a shortage of defensive backs has never worked out well for us.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Decommittments with a month and a half to go don't make me want to jump off the ship because we have time to talk to them, possibly get them back, or to find someone else. I do however think we need some freakin defensive backs in this class. we are down to one. I hope we can work this out before signing day. Having a shortage of defensive backs has never worked out well for us.
We need to send Cochran over there to say "GET YO MIND RIGHT!!!"

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

The other decommits weren't surprising. This one is since he committed two weeks ago.
Yep...that's about as fast a decommit as I can remember. Hopefully he's just confused and will straighten it all out in his mind.
I'd hate to lose a Five Star Safety. They're pretty rare indeed.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida

Maybe he heard CJH was going to commit to Bama and was not up to the competition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.