*** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Re-Commits to Alabama ***

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Commits to Alabama ***

I don't know why he de-commited from Alabama, but like Saban say, if you shop, we'll shop. I mean He needs to understand that it's not always being a starter early in his career. He has real good chance to learn under ha ha ( if he returns) , Vinnie and Collins. HE would still get some playing time, to get some experience under his belt. So, I don't know why he decommited. I suspect it has to do with Haha.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, needs more time

I know nothing regarding his de commitment, but I can only surmised that the pressure to stay in state was too much as well as playing for the home school. I remembered when he was interviewed awhile back about playing with Cam Robinson, he said Cam will go where he is comfortable and he will go where he is comfortable. Add to that, before committing to Alabama, he went to sleep with LSU as the team for his pledge BUT woke up feeling Alabama. Hmmmmm...
FYI: LSU SS Eugene Micah is no longer on the team, he was dismissed this week.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

so, Eugene Micah situation plays a role for Hootie?
I know nothing regarding his de commitment, but I can only surmised that the pressure to stay in state was too much as well as playing for the home school. I remembered when he was interviewed awhile back about playing with Cam Robinson, he said Cam will go where he is comfortable and he will go where he is comfortable. Add to that, before committing to Alabama, he went to sleep with LSU as the team for his pledge BUT woke up feeling Alabama. Hmmmmm...
FYI: LSU SS Eugene Micah is no longer on the team, he was dismissed this week.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

stuff like this doesnt really bother me. it's not official until signing day. these guys can choose to go wherever they please up until they sign the dotted line. very likely over the course of months, the possibility of a change comes about.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

I guess "I need more time," means we have been completely eliminated right? Please...this could simply be him reopening his recruitment back to where it is before he committed. We have the same shot we did 3 weeks ago. If he loved LSU so much, he wouldve committed to them over us.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL

The only reason this annoys me is that I can't understand why he would go out and commit 2 weeks ago and then decommit now. If he was unimpressed by his official I assume that means he hadn't really been to Tuscaloosa before.....so why commit to somewhere you've never been? Doesn't really make sense to me.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

If you want to believe in tin foil hats and conspiracy stuff, aside from his close friendship with Robinson and Sims, he is also very close with CJ Hampton. Both have talked about playing for the same team. With Hampton latest tweet regarding his loyalty to ole miss ( the tweet was deleted as soon as it was up) , some sources are indicating that Jones is now leaning towards ole miss and some are suggesting that the announcement on Friday by Hampton is to reconfirmed his commitment to ole miss. I know it all sounds too far fetched to believe, but this is recruiting, these are kids, and lastly this is ole miss we are talking about.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama

If you want to believe in tin foil hats and conspiracy stuff, aside from his close friendship with Robinson and Sims, he is also very close with CJ Hampton. Both have talked about playing for the same team. With Hampton latest tweet regarding his loyalty to ole miss ( the tweet was deleted as soon as it was up) , some sources are indicating that Jones is now leaning towards ole miss and some are suggesting that the announcement on Friday by Hampton is to reconfirmed his commitment to ole miss. I know it all sounds too far fetched to believe, but this is recruiting, these are kids, and lastly this is ole miss we are talking about.
Since last year, Ole Miss reminds me of AU when it comes to recruiting. You get nothing on the front end, no interest what so ever. Then when it gets late they jump to the front and close with these kids. Sure is strange to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Since last year, Ole Miss reminds me of AU when it comes to recruiting. You get nothing on the front end, no interest what so ever. Then when it gets late they jump to the front and close with these kids. Sure is strange to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Talked one day to a friend at the gym, and a former player and huge alumnus of Ole Miss. I told him it was unbelievable how good of a job Freeze was doing in recruiting. He said without changing expression, "Yeah but it's going to get us on probation". That's all that was said.

TexasBammer

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2005
Hotlanta, Ga

I'm glad he did it now, and didn't switch at the last minute. Now, he can shop and we can shop.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I wonder if Hootie and Ha Ha went at it during the recruiting trip this weekend?.......interesting timing on their two tweets!
What did HaHa Tweet? (Can't believe that I actually typed that.) :cool:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just read a blog post by a LSU beatwriter for The Advocate. Of course, part of the post dealt with Hootie's announcement. Found this to be odd since I've seen no one else say this...

Some feel Jones, 6-2, 210 pounds, might play more as a linebacker in college.

“I don’t think he’s a safety at the next level,” said Mike Scarborough, publisher and recruiting analyst at TigerBait.com, the Rivals.com affiliate. “I think he’s a linebacker.”

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Just read a blog post by a LSU beatwriter for The Advocate. Of course, part of the post dealt with Hootie's announcement. Found this to be odd since I've seen no one else say this...

I could see that, if he puts on another 20 - 30 lbs. With his speed and extra size, he would be a good fit at LB. Like you though, I have not seen anyone else say that.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Tell you what- if this kid ends up going to Ole Miss I may call the NCAA myself. Something just does not set very well w/ the program Freeze is running in Oxford. Guess we will know soon.
Is Ole $i$$ at it again?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I am reading now that lsu scouts and radio personalities are saying that jones may not be welcome back due to lsu making Jamal Adams a higher priority. They also believe jones might very well outgrow his SS position and into a LB. Some have even mentioned that they were not pleased with his play on the field for the latter part of the season. Tifwiw.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Here we go folks, ole miss is reporting Jones will take his OV to ole miss in January and will make his decision on NSD. guess he is no longer an EE????
The CJH announcement tomorrow just real interesting.......

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Here we go folks, ole miss is reporting Jones will take his OV to ole miss in January and will make his decision on NSD. guess he is no longer an EE????
Ole Mi$$ may be at it again....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So much for Hootie being an EE...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.