*** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Re-Commits to Alabama ***

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, needs more time

One thing that seems weird to me is that all this is happening during a dead period. Who is talking to him and is it a violation (separate from the "Ol' Mi$$" implication)? If he's already committed and nobody can contact him, where did something come from that would convince him to not even start school a semester early, which would be a HUGE advantage for him regardless of which school he picked?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

One thing that seems weird to me is that all this is happening during a dead period. Who is talking to him and is it a violation (separate from the "Ol' Mi$$" implication)? If he's already committed and nobody can contact him, where did something come from that would convince him to not even start school a semester early, which would be a HUGE advantage for him regardless of which school he picked?
Phone calls are fine. Coaches can't have face-to-face communication with him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Here we go folks, ole miss is reporting Jones will take his OV to ole miss in January and will make his decision on NSD. guess he is no longer an EE????
The CJH announcement tomorrow just real interesting.......
Well, CJ’s decision tomorrow could be very telling in where Hootie ends up!

If CJ picks Ole Miss, chances are pretty good that Hootie winds up there as well.
:cool:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Ole Mi$$ may be at it again....
When you can sign the number one offensive line prospect in America(Tunsil) without him making one visit to the campus, you're offering more than a scholarship, and no one will convince me otherwise. They're definitely up to no good somehow.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

So much for Hootie being an EE...
Yes, it does appear that Ole Sis is up to something that will soon come to light. Being that it took Hootie a while to commit, I thought he was solid.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Ole Miss' dubious involvement aside, does it appear that Hootie not being an EE is a factor? I know Saban likes to have some EEs and I'm assuming it helps him sort out the numbers as well, but I'd think Hootie was a take regardless.

It seems to be that it could have been as simple as Hootie not being able to be an EE, and that impacting his ability to go to Alabama.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

But....but.....I thought Ole Mi$$ self-investigated all those nasty rumors about dirty recruiting from last year, and found they were as pure as the driven snow, right??:cool2:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Ole Miss' dubious involvement aside, does it appear that Hootie not being an EE is a factor? I know Saban likes to have some EEs and I'm assuming it helps him sort out the numbers as well, but I'd think Hootie was a take regardless.

It seems to be that it could have been as simple as Hootie not being able to be an EE, and that impacting his ability to go to Alabama.
I really dont think that had anything to do with it. Even if he was an EE he would count against this years numbers...and I cant see any way that bama would have told him no, early enrollee or not.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

they were not pleased with his play on the field for the latter part of the season. Tifwiw.

LSU butthurt since they probably aren't going to get him. He played at my high school and I watched him in several games. He had an ankle issue that he dealt with for most of the season and still played at a high level.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hootie was going to be an EE. If he's taking an OV to Ole Miss in January, though, I don't see how he can be one.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Hootie was going to be an EE. If he's taking an OV to Ole Miss in January, though, I don't see how he can be one.
If CJ recommits to OM today, I won't be surprised to see Hootie follow....

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

If CJ recommits to OM today, I won't be surprised to see Hootie follow....
So Hootie was worried about playing time at Alabama and instead will commit WITH Hampton to Ole Miss where they have Conner and Elston ahead of both who will both be there next year...seems legit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So Hootie was worried about playing time at Alabama and instead will commit WITH Hampton to Ole Miss where they have Conner and Elston ahead of both who will both be there next year...seems legit.
And Cody Prewitt, an All-SEC and All-American player.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Alabama has the number 1 ranked recurring class in the country and some of us are ready to jump off the deep end... Smh... We will be OK!!!!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Alabama has the number 1 ranked recurring class in the country and some of us are ready to jump off the deep end... Smh... We will be OK!!!!

No one is jumping off a cliff. We are more than a little annoyed with Ole Miss and their antics.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

All this does is allow us to land other recruits that's equally talented that we wouldn't have been able to recruit otherwise..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.