*** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Re-Commits to Alabama ***

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, needs more time

Yep. That's EXACTLY what I was told. I will not speculate what happened or what it was but I've been told by several LSU folks that either Hootie or his mom (or possibly both) didn't like or "wasn't impressed" by his visit. I don't know what that means but something went down on his visit. It seems Hootie and his mom weren't the only ones "not impressed" with the visit. LSU might not have been "impressed" either. We'll see.
So is he coming back home to the good uns?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

So is he coming back home to the good uns?
I'm hearing Ole Miss but it's not from anyone who I normally put credibility in. So right now I'll just say I have no clue. He may end up at LSU but it won't be because Les is begging him to come. Like Mack said, many have said that ship sailed a while back.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

As always recruiting is fluid so take everything with a grain of sand (is sand smaller than salt?).

I have heard from several sources (both credible, and your average joe) that Hootie has no spot at LSU also. I think a lot has to do with his lack of flat out enthusiasm for the home state program (imo). From what I have heard he wasn't really sold on going there anyways, and so the feeling became mutual (kinda like a lot of fan when a prospect turns their school down).

The Mississippi situation I have no real info on. It came so far out of nowhere (like with many recruits last year), that even in fluid recruiting it caught me off guard. I still think there is a chance we get him, and have felt good about it the last few days...but you just never know. He seems to be really torn, and with a situation like that...it will come down to the end.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Hootie looked pretty weak at the UA practices, so I'm good either way.

i want CJ Hampton to flip........he's more the Ha Ha caliber.

RTR!

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

That will be huge then, we need some more quality depth for sure!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Good news, indeed! :cool2:

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, recommits to BAMA ***

This recruiting class is outstanding - the best in Saban's history with Bama

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, recommits to BAMA ***

Hootie showed at UA game thst he isn't the best at coverage, yet...plays tough in run support. Tony Brown decision confirmed his original decision

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.