*** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones Re-Commits to Alabama ***

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: *** Safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones decommits, needs more time

He's supposed to be an EE too isn't he? If that's the case, this doesn't look good...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@AndrewJBone

I asked Hootie Jones which schools he is considering now. His response, "everywhere." He will enroll at school of his choice in January.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I know CJ Hampton and Hootie are friends. The only thing I can think of is that CJ may want to go to LSU too and wants Hootie to come with him. I didn't think they were a package deal.
The only other option is that he wants to make a big announcement on national TV somewhere and wants to wait.

Rough day for recruiting. Auburn has picked up some big surprises and we lost a big one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

May or may not have played a role, but today LSU fans learned safety Micah Eugene is no longer with the team.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

I was really hoping we'd make a splash with DBs this signing class. With Ha-Ha potentially gone and Landon probably next year, we need to start shoring the defensive backs up. Not to mention our CBs have struggled at times. We gotta build some depth there.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Maybe he knows Ha Ha is staying and he thinks he can start as a freshman. I know thats a little far fetched but possible.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

Any young man who has an offer from Alabama and wants to go elsewhere, should surely go elsewhere...especially if he is not sure of his competitive nature. Good luck young man. We have precious little time to find the "right" men for the Crimson Tide. We can't waste it on indecisive personalities...go with your teenage heart.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

Remember, we are Alabama...with or without any 18 year-old...regardless of the number of "stars from the media."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

One of the weirdest commits/decommits in my memory.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I hope he will end up signing with us but if not best of luck to him.I can remember just a few years ago when Shula was coach, were news like this would be devastating to our class.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I wonder if Hootie and Ha Ha went at it during the recruiting trip this weekend?.......interesting timing on their two tweets!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.