The Most Amazing Football Statistic Ever--AU Versus Georgia and Bama

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree with you on that, but my view of their luck is on their first scoring drive on the 3rd and 18 play that they converted, Devall was getting facemasked by the right tackle. You could clearly see his head move in such a way that you knew it was a facemask or hands to the face at least. He wasn't in the interior of the line, so why was it not called? Pure luck.
if you watch the replay, devall actually has to readjust his helmet to continue his pursuit once he dis-engages with the lineman

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
I've just never seen anything like the barn and their ability to get away with things...on and off the field.
Don't they play at home A LOT during years like this? I don't keep up with everything going on, but back when they won the NCG I could have swore they played at home a LOT, and the same goes for this year I think.

Don't take away from the win, but I did wonder about this then and I guess now.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Don't they play at home A LOT during years like this? I don't keep up with everything going on, but back when they won the NCG I could have swore they played at home a LOT, and the same goes for this year I think.

Don't take away from the win, but I did wonder about this then and I guess now.
Every SEC team plays mostly home games and 2010 was in Bryant-Denny. :confused:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I don't think I would call what Nick Saban has done "luck". He didn't turn Bama into a NC team in one year from a winless SEC team. In 2009, we didn't just squeak by 3 or 4 opponents by sheer dumb luck. (only Tenn) Even looking back to 2010, AU won numerous games by a nail. Fortunately, Notre Dame's luck ran out. I think it is pretty safe to say AU has been fortunate and lucky. I thought of at least 10 plays, penalties, or official spots in which any one of them would have positively changed the outcome of the game. That sounds like luck to me.
Luck is a part of it all, but the odds for AU to win the past two games the way they did had to be astronomical. We've had our share of luck over the years and our share of bad luck too, but I have never seen ANY team have luck like the boogs have had this year.

Last edited:

fezzador

Sep 26, 2011
Calera, AL
My wife's family has a saying... Alabama is God's team, and Auburn is Satan's team... AU sold their soul to obtain success.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My crazy mind thinks about stuff like this lol..
But think about this and ask yourself, "In the history of football has this ever happened before"?

In the two plays where the game was decided against Georgia and Bama two things happened---
(1) Georgia botched and interception that would have won the game
(2) Bama missed a field goal that would have won the game

The result of those two plays--Auburn gained 182 yards, scored two touchdowns, and won both games.

Never seen anything like it and never will again.

sip
I think it's more than just the Barn! I just don't think the planets are in proper alignment. They are outta sink!

When that occurs, STUFF happens!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It's the most incredible two games to end a season I have ever seen. Not taking anything away from their team and their will to win, but AU is the luckiest team in the history of college football...period!!!
What are the possibilities that something happens similar to the UGA and UA against Mizzou this week? What could happen that could be similar/goofy/goofier?

Maybe Missou's Coaches had better be prepared for any possibilities that they have never thought of happening at the end of a game. That coaching staff needs to "think outta the BOX" for Saturday. They had better keep their eyes and brain focused during the last 30 seconds! This is a 60 minute game.

You know, something could even happen like this in OT!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
What are the possibilities that something happens similar to the UGA and UA against Mizzou this week? What could happen that could be similar/goofy/goofier?

Maybe Missou's Coaches had better be prepared for any possibilities that they have never thought of happening at the end of a game. That coaching staff needs to "think outta the BOX" for Saturday. They had better keep their eyes and brain focused during the last 30 seconds! This is a 60 minute game.

You know, something could even happen like this in OT!
Well, if I was Mizzou and there's one second left with the score tied, I'd run a Quarterback sneak and have six linemen laying on top of the QB. Otherwise the ball's going to pop out and bounce into the hands of a safety running full speed to the end zone :)

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
What is up with this Auburn team? It's like they have God himself on their side and can do no wrong. Even when they're not looking for it the ball falls magically into their hands and it's touchdown time. Do they have a secret temple under Jordan Hare Stadium?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What is up with this Auburn team? It's like they have God himself on their side and can do no wrong. Even when they're not looking for it the ball falls magically into their hands and it's touchdown time. Do they have a secret temple under Jordan Hare Stadium?
It is freaky, but what they have done is also the stuff of legends. If you read about it in a book, you wouldn't believe it could really happen. Of course, it is all pretty meaningless if they both FSU and OSU win this weekend, or if Auburn drops a game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.