Gus now fully delusional - thinks Marshall should be in Heisman contention

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
The madness never ends. Nick Marshall for Heisman?????? He's about the 6th to 8th best QB in our conference.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/in...hn_auburn_quarterback_3.html#incart_big-photo

You know, one of the best statements related to college football I've heard in the past few years was "There's only one team in the country that can beat Alabama, and that's Alabama. All other teams just hope to be there the day that it happens." Auburn was there Saturday and should be grateful. But they're almost all delusional. I thought i'd never see a coach act so smug and unprofessional as Tuberville with his finger pointing and the gyrations, but Gus is quickly surpassing him. He may be the crazier one in his marriage after all....and those of you who remember the video of his wife being interviewed at church know what i'm talking about.

Karma is a bad mutha, Auburn. I'd love to see them get beat on a bad call at the end of the game just to hear them whine about it for a year. On the other hand, they want FSU and I'd also enjoy seeing the 63 - 20 pasting that the Seminoles would likely put on them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that he is trying to do two things at once - make Auburn look stronger by having a Heisman candidate at QB, and create a buzz for Marshall and Auburn that will carry into next season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He's a really talented player. I don't think he's a great passer but their offense creates wonderful passing opportunities.

They don't owe anyone an apology for winning the game. Whether we gave it to them or they took it from us, to the victor go the spoils. So let him trumpet his QB for the Heisman. He's not going to win it anyway.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
You could certainly make the case that Auburn has the resume to be in the title game. That's not much of a stretch.

But Marshall for the Heisman? Come on.

When I read that here, I guffawed. My favorite part:

He's known primarily as a running quarterback with 922 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground this season. But when he does throw it, he's efficient with 11 touchdowns, five interceptions and a nearly 60 percent completion percentage.
Good luck spinning that into a Heisman.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I heard there was a recruiting kiosk being built outside the fences at Holman...with a tiger logo on it.....

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Hey, I don't fault him at all. He's not paid to be honest and unbiased. He is paid to make Auburn good, sell tickets, and better the overall standing of Auburn University. If he touted everyone all the time for the Heisman, it would not be good. But, coming off the heels of the biggest win for any team for this entire season, yeah, pump up your QB for the Heisman.
I haven't read the article, but based on the thread title, it sounds like Malzahn is just saying Marshall should be in contention. For a head coach to say that about his QB in the position that Marshall and Auburn are in... I don't think it's delusional at all.
Now, for an Auburn fan to think that Marshall should win the Heisman, that is delusional.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Always come back to what I ALWAYS tell you folks:

Auburn woke up Sunday morning basking in the glory and was still playing second fiddle to Alabama's "failure to cover the return" or "the end of the run" or whatever. These folks are certifiably insane with jealousy, which wouldn't be so bad except they like to PRETEND they are above such petty things.

The reason Gus is touting Nick "Can't Hit Him Wide Open" Marshall for the Heisman is obvious: Heisman Trophy winners is the ONE AREA in football where Auburn is indisputably superior to Alabama - the only one. We have more national championships (count it whichever way you want, we still have more), more SEC championships, more bowl wins, more TV appearances, more Super Bowl MVPs, more Iron Bowl wins, more everything except Heisman Trophy winners.

It's the ONE AREA they can tout. Problem is that Marshall isn't even the best player on his team. Let me put it this way: if you took Marshall off of Auburn, would they still be 11-1? Probably, because Tre Mason is more important to their offense. Without Tre, Marshall cannot do anything.

Cam Newton was indisputably the best player in 2010. Marshall isn't even in the right solar system in 2013.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.