List of Players Declaring for the NFL Draft

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As much as I hate it, I respect Tre Mason. The last two years I have thought he was Auburns best player, even back before he was getting the carries he deserved... He also seems like a nice young man, which helps... Good luck to him in the NFL, glad we won't see him again!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Good for Mason, tailbacks need to go as soon as they feasibly can, and realistically his stock won't get much higher. Seemed like a good kid too.

As for Auburn, though, I really don't think they'll miss him much. As long as Gus has a decent OL and an athletic QB, he'll just about be able to take guys off the street and turn them into 1,000+ yard rushers in that scheme.

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013
I agree with all you all are saying about Tre Mason. And Matt I have to agree with you, even though what school he played for I would cheer for North Korea against them but it is hard not to have respect for that kid. He didn't even like a barner to me, he just played his guts out every game for them and was def the best player they had. He seemed like he entirely had to much class to be a barner, I actually wish the kid the best in the pros and I am glad we don't have to worry about in next years iron bowl.. I doubt they find a back with the heart and determination that kid ran with. But, as long as it helps us out I am all for his decision. But he made the right one. Now Robinson needs to follow him.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm a little shocked by this. Not sure why, but I am. Don't "moo" me, but I like this kid. I don't know why, but I do. Wish him the best. Glad we won't have to stop him next year. :)
no Moo's here, he seems like a great kid and I've been a fan of his Dad's since before Tre was born

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Really? That seems a little surprising to me. I don't know much about his back story, but I thought he might stick around another year. Is he graded a first rounder?
Probably not a first rounder, but he will test well and likely be pretty highly drafted. In all likelihood he'll be off the board by round three, and could go higher than that.

Can't say it's a bad move for him, either. Not sure how much higher his ceiling can feasibly be raised, and he's had some injury issues too (blown out knee in high school, and needing shoulder surgery), so he knows all too well the risks inherent and the price you have to pay to suit up.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Losing Mason will have a significant impact on Auburn. When Grant and the other backs were in there they weren't anywhere near as explosive as Mason.
It appeared to me that every time that Grant was in and he was handed the ball, it was always a run outside the tackles. On Monday night, FSU snuffed this out on one play and tackled him for a 3 to 5 yard loss. After that, I don't recall Grant getting the ball the rest of the game. I could be wrong, of course.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Probably not a first rounder, but he will test well and likely be pretty highly drafted. In all likelihood he'll be off the board by round three, and could go higher than that.

Can't say it's a bad move for him, either. Not sure how much higher his ceiling can feasibly be raised, and he's had some injury issues too (blown out knee in high school, and needing shoulder surgery), so he knows all too well the risks inherent and the price you have to pay to suit up.
Makes sense. But, selfishly, I'd like for him to come back. Never hurts to have experienced D-linemen!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.