Article claims Saban threw players under the bus

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
I watched it. He looked totally drained. He did say what the guy in the article said he said, but he did say that ultimately it was his responsibility. I'd have to watch it again, but he talked about players not executing most of the time. He didn't exactly say "It was my fault. I didn't prepare the guys." I guess he said it in a roundabout way.

Bama_J

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
I watched it and didn't get that feeling at all. He was truthful about the execution...which is the coaches job to put into place. But I don't think he threw them under the bus. He also said he was proud of them and took responsibility himself, but, of course, they aren't emphasizing that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
I watched it and he said it was HIS responsibility. His loss. He did say some things relative to the players not executing and coaches not doing the right things every time but he said all the choices made were his.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
I watched it and didn't get that feeling at all. He was truthful about the execution...which is the coaches job to put into place. But I don't think he threw them under the bus. He also said he was proud of them and took responsibility himself, but, of course, they aren't emphasizing that part. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, he did emphasize how proud he was of them in how they competed and he also said "We win as a team and we lose as a team." So he doesn't word things like Les Miles does (as the writer used Les as an example). That's a GOOD thing.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Well, Saban is known to read web editorials for pointers on how to be a better coach, so maybe he will read this advice.
Or maybe he won't give a rip and continue winning games and bettering the lives of the young men he mentors. I don't know.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Has this guy never watched a Saban press conference before?

He took responsibility then talked about lack of execution and mental errors, which he has mentioned in many other press conferences.

This guy is just looking to make a splash.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
Every Monday after the game, they show the Nick Saban show on WVUA in Tuscaloosa. They play it at 6:30 PM and 10:30 PM. They show key plays of the game with Eli Gold calling the game as it is shown. I saw it twice. He took responsibility and said the loss is ultimately his responsibility and said how proud he was of the players. He mentioned the problems on the field, as well. He certainly did not focus soley on them though. Is it wrong to mention what went wrong on the field? They have game plans that are not always exactly executed by the players as planned I'm sure. If field goals are missed, balls overthrown or tackles missed should they just not be mentioned? It seems to me nothing is totally exact in a game, both coaching or executed plays.

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
What I emailed to a friend after the game was, "Execution, execution, execution. Not." Anybody could see that we weren't playing like Alabama, from start to finish. And it wasn't because the other team's players were better than ours, either. Sometimes The Force just isn't with The Process. (See passes either not on target or just dropped, tackles missed, again and again, before you factor in missed field goals.)

RTR

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I watched the post game presser. He called a spade a spade, and told why things broke down, but said on more than one occasion during the interview "ultimately it's my responsibility."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.