Article claims Saban threw players under the bus

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Before I post this quote below, please understand I don't mean it in any way disrespectful to Cade Foster. He's been a great contributor to the Alabama football team and no disrespect is intended. Having said that...

Instead of reminding Alabama fans of how much senior kicker Cade Foster, who had a terrible day, had contributed to Tide victories over his career,
Again, no offense to Cade, but which victories did he contribute to other than pretty much blow-outs? I'm thankful for his contributions, but it's not like he contributed some game winning kicks or kicks that put things out of reach. He has an excellent leg and I'm thankful for his many kick-off's that went deep or whatever.

Honestly, I fail to see where CNS sold his own players out. If anything, he's always been very defensive of them.

This is pretty much a hit piece by "Stuart," and nothing more.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
The basic premise of the article is a lie. That makes the guy who wrote it a liar. Aight!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama had the most missed tackles I've seen in years. The most missed kicks I've seen since 2011 and a breakdown on the final play that was historic.

Yes, that's on the coaches, but if you ask a coach what went wrong it begins with the simple reality that what was supposed to happen on some plays didn't. If that's throwing players under the bus, then so be it, but I think we all know Saban doesn't do that.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
How often do you see a missed field goal returned for a touchdown? He acts like it happens every week when he's bashing Saban for trying the field goal.

The guy came close to making it. A couple more yards and he's in the next Daniel Moore painting.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
How often do you see a missed field goal returned for a touchdown?
I saw somewhere that it's happened four other times in the FBS, which seems low but I don't have the heart to look it up. I think it's happened a bit more in the NFL because they occasionally attempt more crazy long field goals at the end of the half. It was a fluke play that doesn't occur if your players get in position.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Unless its the end of the half, its probably not a good idea to run it out since you get the ball at the previous spot instead of where the player is tackled.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Someone linked the post-game presser and I watched it and commented that I thought that he handled himself as well as any coach has ever handled a presser in that situation. He praised Auburn, talked about problems with execution, praised the Alabama football players, praised the fans, and then took the blame for the loss upon himself.

IMO, you have to want to be offended to find fault with Saban's presser.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
someone linked the post-game presser and i watched it and commented that i thought that he handled himself as well as any coach has ever handled a presser in that situation. He praised auburn, talked about problems with execution, praised the alabama football players, praised the fans, and then took the blame for the loss upon himself.

imo, you have to want to be offended to find fault with saban's presser.
b a z z i n g a !!!!!

Bama_Fan72

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Even if he did guess what? It is okay in my opinion to point out that some of the players didn't perform to their capabilities. If the players want the cheers from the millions of fans when they do well then they should be willing to take the lumps when they don't. Way to many players in that game standing like deer caught in headlights. Did Coach Saban teach them to do that or was that failure on the players part? The coaching staff made some poor decisions in all aspects of the game, but players not executing the game plan is not the coaches fault so why should he shoulder that blame?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Guy was a strategist for the Romney presidential bid; anyone have his email address? He needs to hear from me.... ;)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Guy was a strategist for the Romney presidential bid; anyone have his email address? He needs to hear from me.... ;)
Woops, look like his credibility is shot.

Maybe if his bash Saban article gets enough attention, he will get a job as a sportswriter at the Wall Street Journal trashing Bama full time.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
The guy came close to making it. A couple more yards and he's in the next Daniel Moore painting.
I told my wife as Bama trotted the kicker on to the field that this decision will either replace the Van Tiffin kick as the most important FG in Bama history or go down as one of the biggest blunders in Bama history.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I would think that CNS had seen the freshman kicker kick 57 yard FG's in practice , to have the confidence in him that he displayed. The death threats most likely came from aubies.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I would think that CNS had seen the freshman kicker kick 57 yard FG's in practice , to have the confidence in him that he displayed. The death threats most likely came from aubies.
It would've been one of the longest field goals in Tide history by a kid with very little experience in the biggest game of the season. With the help of an Aub timeout to think it over, it was a very poor decision.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
The kids love to play for CNS and he wins. That's all I need to know. I don't think anyone is going to be harder on themselves over this thing than CNS. Even the best of us have off days.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Anyone who says CNS 'threw players under the bus' has literally never listened to any of his post-game press conferences before. He said nothing different this time than any other time.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
It would've been one of the longest field goals in Tide history by a kid with very little experience in the biggest game of the season. With the help of an Aub timeout to think it over, it was a very poor decision.
I was wondering whether perhaps auburn saw something on game film that led them to believe that we basically bail on kicking plays after the ball is away. it is completely obvious from the replays that I have had to endure for the last 100 hours that we weren't even thinking about a return.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Oh my good Lord. That's Stu Stevens, better known as the commander in chief of the Romney Campaign. The stories I could tell...
It sounds like the Captain of the Titanic is taking time out to bash Saban.

His relationship with reality is suspect.
That's being kind, to say the least.

******* Not trying to take this into political sparring, but the background of someone writing bash Bama stuff is a fair topic, I would think.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.