Question: Did you have a certain feeling we were going to lose the Auburn game?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Somehow, I felt we would lose that game. I knew we were a better team but just sensed what was going to happen. Did any of you have that sense?

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I knew in my mind that it would be very close, fer sure! And I didn't help matters any by going off and leaving my lucky shirt at home - (watched it with my brother in Pensacola). You could say it's at least partly my fault!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
For weeks, something just never felt quite right. I can't explain it. In the hours leading up to the game, the day just felt very very strange. Another day I felt that way was October 9,2010, the day we lost at South Carolina. However, I would gladly take 4 more losses like that one in Columbia in 2010 to be rid of the one on November 30, 2013. I usually love Thanksgiving week. However, this year, it was downright horrible. I was already sick, and the antibiotic I was taking (and still am) was sending me running to the bathroom. Throw in what happened in the iron bowl, and it was the worst holiday of my life. I hate work with a passion and love any time that I am away from it. However, last weekend, I found myself just wanting the long weekend to end.

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
I missed the 2010 game due to a family obligation and I missed this game due to a family obligation. Too, in 2010, I spent more time reading about the scam drama than I did concentrating on the barn game. This season, I spent more time reading about the Winston drama than I did concentrating on the barn game..... Similar results and gut wrenching feelings followed both games, as I learned from a friend's unexpected text as I walked in my house after losing in 2010, and I learned from my daughter's unexpected text sitting at a hotel room in Prague (I live in Europe) on Sunday morning--both years, I planned on watching tape delayed. I cannot miss the next Iron Bowl--I must watch it live........ it is only crazy if it doesn't work, right!

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Glad I was not alone. After the miracle against georgia I was afraid something like this might happen. Even Referenced the "punt, Bama, punt" game as how lucky these guys can be.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
2013 has just been a strange season all around. I was reading a preseason publication last night to see how off it turned out to be. Athlon's had picked auburn to go 4-4 in the SEC, doing better than last year, but only slightly. They stated that "auburn just didn't have enough horses yet to run with the big boys of the league". SMH.....

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I liked it better when the iron bowl was played on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. November 30th is too late for this game.

oletimer

Jul 13, 2007
Yes I had a feeling all week that we might be upset. We should not have lost the way we did though. We will get them next year.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I thought that if Bama played to their level, it wouldn't be close. I really started having misgivings when Auburn scored late in the first half. That is when I knew that Bama was not playing to their level, and they let Auburn stay in the game when they should have left Auburn morally defeated at that stage.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I know it's not the same, but I hope our basketball team beats the snot out of them. For me, anyway, that usually provides some consolation.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Somehow, I felt we would lose that game. I knew we were a better team but just sensed what was going to happen. Did any of you have that sense?
I got a bad feeling throughout the first quarter, you could just sense that things werent right with the team....

It was a sense that lasted right through the game for me, ecven when we went up by two scores...they just seemed out of sync and not focused like usual...which wasnt a good feeling for a rivalry game as big as this one was...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I did say before the game that I wasn't completely confident we would win, but that is true of most every SEC game.

I never really had any thought that they would be able to win it until the touchdown to tie it up.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I picked us to pull away late and win 31-20. When it was 28-21 and we were on the 13. I thought, "Dang, we're going to kick a field goal and make it 31-21. I pegged this one". Then when we gave them the ball back I thought, "Look out". That was the breath of life they needed and they took advantage of it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
No, I really felt Alabama would win the game and I still felt Alabama should have won that game.

However, I cited question marks at kicker as a concern leading into the season, and I really did have a growing sense of dread when it came to Alabama running the gauntlet of three top 5 teams in a row, away from home. Not much could go wrong really, in order for Alabama to win those three games and well, something went wrong...

Auburn needs to be given their due though, they had an extra week to prepare, clearly Gus is doing a good job with the offense, and their fans help with the home field advantage. It's hard for any team to feel good about going into a situation like that.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I wasn't confident before the game (as my posts would show), but I figured we had a 70+% chance of winning.

Once we didn't convert on 4th and 1 I felt we had already lost the game. My demeanor stayed the same. I wasn't even mad during the FG return - once we missed on that conversion I just knew it was over.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.