Question: Did you have a certain feeling we were going to lose the Auburn game?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was confident, but my mother would tell me for weeks leading up to the game that she was nervous. I guess she was right.

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
Did I really think we would lose? No. Did I think there was a possibility for a loss? Yes. Only because, in sports we have seen teams and individuals lose in every sport and contest known to man that shouldn't have lost.
"Champions adjust and pressure is a privilege."-BJK
I think that quote sums it up, unfortunately we didn't embrace the pressure. The pressure embraced us- simple as that.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I was confident going into the game but when we missed that first kick the thought of "Uh oh" crossed my mind and that kick could come back to haunt us. Little did I know another kick would haunt us.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I felt certain we'd win by 17 or more. And still believe we would if we played the game again.

They beat us, no question, but I remain convinced we're the better team.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I still feel that Alabama beat themselves. They have far superior talent and they made too many mistakes and let the barn hang around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I started to get that feeling as soon as Auburn caught that miracle pass against Georgia. That play changed the whole dynamics of the Iron Bowl. Auburn would have been playing for nothing but pride w/o the first miracle. I knew that Bama would have to help Auburn for them to win- just never imagined it would go down like that. A winner take all game created even added pressure to what the players and coaches already felt. It becomes more unbelievable w/ each passing day.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
As a matter of fact, I did based off of one nagging thought. How many times has Auburn played the spoiler in games we should win? They just have this uncanny knack for pulling off games that we should win hands down. I knew going in that we were going to be the better team, and I thought we would still pull it out, but I knew if we kept them in the game they would have a decent shot at winning.

Auburn is just a team that got hot at the right time. If they had been playing this well back when they played LSU, they never would have lost. They are firing on all cylinders, and that worried me going in.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
As others have said, when those two Georgia DBs knocked the ball up in the air and the barner WR looked around and saw the ball... my heart sank.

Auburn, more than any other program in the country, plays off of emotion. In that Georgia game they were dead and gone before the Bulldogs decided they didn't want to win the game. You could see it written on all the Auburn players' faces. Had they lost that game, they would have been up for the Iron Bowl but not at the same level. We would have won the game going away. Since they had something to play for, all the emotion was on the table.

Now, we had several chances in the game to bury them and kill their resolve but we never did. When Auburn is good, you've got to remove all hope before they'll quit fighting and clawing. We could have, should have, but didn't.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
I had that uneasy feeling about the IB... especially after the "tip drill" play against Jawja. (The one that the CBS folks act like it was planned that way)

tideronthehooch

1st Team
Nov 29, 2001
Roswell, GA
I did not feel overly confident going into the game. Once we got up, I thought we were going to be OK, but when they came back and scored at the end of the half and on the first possession of the second, I thought we were in trouble.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Didn't feel good about it all day, couldn't place why because I knew and know we are better.
Big relief after we started slow and then pulled ahead 21-7. Just aggravates me we can't close it out. Giving up the super easy drive right before the 1/2, knowing they had it coming out in the 2nd, I was very worried. Someone I follow tweeted right after we went up 21-7... "don't forget 2010 when they scored quick before the 1/2, and came right out and did again. That made me very uneasy....

Still had our chances.... Just wasted opportunities! SICK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
In the weeks leading up to the game, I felt very confident we would win by at least 2 touchdowns. However, the night before the game I had a dream we lost and was on eggshells. Once the game started we started running with Yeldon, those butterflies went away. However, they came back after Auburn cut the lead 21-14.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I was a bit uneasy. I still thought we would win. But I just didn't have the level of confidence that I usually did before a big game. The better team just didn't get the 'W' this time.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was nervous the week of but as the game got closer I was more confident.

Thought the last couple of days "if we play like Bama" we win the game.

I was right. If we would have played up to our superior potential we win going away.

I think we played our C- game. Maybe a C game at best. Turns out C+ would have probably allowed us to sneak by. If we would have played our typical B to A- game we win by a couple of scores or more.

Bottom line is, we didn't play (and Coach) like Bama football!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
2013 was just a strange year. First, Trey Depriest was suspended. Then, there was the Geno Smith DUI saga. Followed by that DJ Fluker story coming out. Then, Ha Ha got benched for a few games because of something involving money and NCAA rules. All this time, I have had a "when is the other shoe going to drop" feeling. I guess it dropped with a vengeance last Saturday.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
When we started struggling in the kicking game...I knew then that there was at least a 50/50 chance we would not win. We were better than Auburn...but when games start to come down to FGs it doesn't matter how much better you are. When you get in scoring position...and stall...then leave points off the board...it is demoralizing to the offense and pumps up the defense. That happened so often last Saturday that it actually gave Auburn the momentum they needed to win.

I will admit though that I did not expect them to go down and score a TD like they did to tie the game. I was thinking they would kick a FG...onside kick it...possibly recover...then try to score a TD for the win. The way it all just blew up in the end still perplexes me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.