*** JUCO DT Jarran Reed Commits to Alabama ***

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Is there a possibility of a shift from a 3-4 to a 4-3 scheme to combat the spread.
We are kinda already doing that a lot of the time already, so I'd say these types players are a factor in that.
Reed was somebody we were high on last year, and after his performance in JUCO, you'd think his stock has probably risen even more. I think this might end up being a great get for us.

Roll Tide!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: ***JUCO DT Jarran Reed Commits to Bama***

Ya gotta love the predictions on 24/7 for him. 100% Tennessee. LOL
Admittedly, it's been a tough task with Reed. Remember that he committed to North Carolina, then committed to Ole Miss, then signed with Florida, went to JUCO, and has now committed to Alabama. Hard to hold that one against 24/7.

Good news is that it's not a major concern for us. He's enrolling in January, and will have three years to play two. I assume he'll come in and be an immediate contributor on the DL next season.

BTW, Saban visited him earlier in the week via helicopter when he was in Mississippi to see C.J. Hampton. Sealed the deal.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Saw some video on him last night on TV and this cat is big, quick and fast and fills out a uniform. I know we tend to compare every good DT to Marcell but this is who he reminded me of. IMO he will be an instant big time contributor and will start or play major minutes.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Awesome pick up for Bama cause he looks great on video..I do hope we can find a Mt Cody to clog up the middle & make running inside impossible like Mt Cody did..Cause the success The Barn had running it up the middle against us was actually quite shocking to me..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.