Was Tebow the last QB without a prior arrest to beat Bama?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
There was a thread about this last year, but I couldn't find it. With Nick Marshall, the streak continues. Who was the last QB to beat Bama that didn't not have a prior arrest record?

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I think there was another thread about this but I do think the last QB to beat us without a "record" was Tebow in 2008. Jefferson may have been clean in 2010 when he came off the bench but I think that he was charged in the bar incident in 2011. I guess that you could say that Jerrod Lee beat us in 2011 without a record but Manziel did have the preseason arrest last year and his issues in high school that have been detailed here. Either way, it is a sad state that our society is in with this stat and the FSU situation among others.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I was wondering if Jefferson had a record before the 2010 game. And which QB do you give the win to from that game? Did the other QB have a record? Did Garcia actually have DUI's or was the drinking issue just an issue and never become a legal matter? Good trivia question though.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I was wondering if Jefferson had a record before the 2010 game. And which QB do you give the win to from that game? Did the other QB have a record? Did Garcia actually have DUI's or was the drinking issue just an issue and never become a legal matter? Good trivia question though.
What about the kid from Utah?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
What about the kid from Utah?
They say that everyone in Utah is either a mormon or a drunk. I figured if he was a morman he'd be at BYU, so based on the preceding theory, if the kid was actually from Utah, then he was likely a drunk, and possibly had a DUI on record.

:biggrin:

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
There was a thread about this last year, but I couldn't find it. With Nick Marshall, the streak continues. Who was the last QB to beat Bama that didn't not have a prior arrest record?
I started a thread about this earlier this week. I don't believe Marshall has an actual record, but he was thrown off the team.

Johnson from Utah was the last upstanding citizen QB to beat Bama.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I started a thread about this earlier this week. I don't believe Marshall has an actual record, but he was thrown off the team.

Johnson from Utah was the last upstanding citizen QB to beat Bama.
That would be correct. Marshall was never charged. Jefferson was not arrested until after the 2010 win. But he was arrested at least twice after that 2010 win.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Garcia had multiple arrests. Pretty much at least 1 alcohol related charge every year he was there. Started out with MIP I think as a freshman and moved up from there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.