Be real: Ever cried during/after a Bama game?

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I cried once at a Bama game. Sadly my friend we traveled to Norman, Oklahoma, with decided it would be a good idea to have red beans and rice the night before the game. Worst four hours of my life.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I've never cried over a loss - not ever. I've been PO'ed, but never cried. But I cried when Alabama beat Texas for the 2009 National Championship. I cried every time I read something about the game. It was emotional to see that Alabama had actually made it back from the abyss and were on top again.
When we won the 09 SEC Title, I got teary eyed cause Alabama was going to the National championship, my first National Title game with Alabama in it.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
To go along with those mentioning Mark Ingram winning the Heisman. I didn't cry but it was still emotional, just to see the true tears of joy and the humbleness with which he won. I'd rank that pretty high in my favorite moments of being a Bama fan the last 25 years.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was quiet for a 15-20 seconds after that Auburn game last Saturday...then I laughed and asked my buddies where they wanted to go to dinner.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I was quiet for a 15-20 seconds after that Auburn game last Saturday...then I laughed and asked my buddies where they wanted to go to dinner.
Substitute that 15-20 seconds for an hour and took my girlfriend on a date after that.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Yes, after we beat Texas in the Rose Bowl. I was wondering if I would see another there for a while. I watched Bama beat Miami as a boy and remember the impact that had on my "sportsworld".

I am a history guy, so seeing us win it in the Rose Bowl Stadium while considering the 1926 Rose Bowl and a young Bear Bryant listening to Bama on his uncle's radio in Fordyce and deciding he didn't know much about football, but he knew he wanted to play in the Rose Bowl for Alabama and run the ball like Johnny Mack Brown... It is much more than just a game to me. Guess I get sappy when I consider historical context.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I was 13 and cried when the Barn blocked two punts in 1972.

I had to stop singing Yea Alabama after the 2005 Florida game, or I would have bawled like a baby. At the time, I didn't know the extent of Prothro's injury. The emotion was from the mistaken belief that we were back after a series of conspiratorial and self-inflicted catastrophes.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I was blissfully unaware that we had another four years to go for that.

I was in the stadium for the recent unpleasantness. When the returner came free and it was clear he was going to score, I actually laughed at the absurdity of the magnitude of two miracles like that in a row. I'm still POd, but have a cynical lopsided head-shaking grin whenever I think about it.

Last edited:

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I've never cried over a loss, but I did tear up during the trophy presentation at the Rose Bowl. It was such an emotional (and proud) moment!

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I did a bit did cry a bit once but it was before a game.The 2006 Cotton Bowl was my first Bama game that I got to attend.When I walked through the tunnel and seen ALABAMA painted in the end zone It got the best of me.Since then I have been to every bowl game since and seen 3 national title wins.Still to me the first time I got to see the Tide was my favorite and most emotional.

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
No, but came close once. 82 Iron Bowl (Bo over the top). Coach Bryant didn't announce his retirement for another couple weeks, but there had been a lot of speculation and I had an eery feeling it would be his last IB. Geeeeez I wanted him to end his last regular season by beating the Barn! Didn't happen. :( And of course 2 months later he was gone.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Tears of joy...

When I had - for me, anyway - the life altering experience of attending my first ever NCAA / Bowl / Bama game at the Capital One 3 yeas ago this coming Jan.

Living in Canada, and having had been a Tide Fan since the late '70's, you can imagine the build-up.

So when CNS, Mark Ingram, Julio, et al came running outta the tunnel, and me - who had been steadfastly glued to their each n every move on television over the preceding years, combined with the years of having had followed the Tide on TV [inasmuch as you're able to do so up here] well, I welled up long before they even got outta the tunnel.

Then once they came out, Niagara Falls began...

I shall never, ever forget that day.

And when you combine that with the never-before-experience of meeting real live Bama fans?

Well, let's just say that life doesn't get any better than it was that day...

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I tend to break stuff and cuss a lot after a loss.
It's the big wins that I get emotional over. I re-watched the Alabama - Miami 1993 Sugar Bowl the other day to get the bitterness of this weekend out of my mouth, and I started to sputter a bit when they switched to a shot of John Mark and Mrs. Stallings as the clock is winding down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.