Be real: Ever cried during/after a Bama game?

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
1973: Notre Dame 24 Alabama 23. Plus, got physically ill.

1981: Alabama 31 Penn St. 16. The 7-play goal line stand. Coach Bryant tipped his hat, a lineman did a cartwheel coming off the field. I knew the end of an era was near and I would not be seeing the only coach I had ever known much longer.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Never cried! BUT!

I've been highly Ecstatic in winsand severely depressed in loses!

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012
I haven't cried but probably came about as close to crying as possible Saturday after the IB. My father in law walked in right after the IB ended Saturday and he told me and my brother we looked like we could cry. He then said something very funny. He, being a UT fan said: " Be glad this bothers you. We are so used to it a loss doesn't bother us anymore".

After I think about that, I realize we are fortunate right now as BAMA fans.

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
I am not afraid to admit it. I am an emotional person so I have cried many times over the years for many reasons - Cody blocking the field goal against UT after I thought our season would be over, beating Texas in the Rose Bowl, beating Notre Dame last year, Mark winning the Heisman, etc. I don't know if I have cried for a loss, but I have definitely cried for wins. Love my Crimson Tide! RTR!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
No, never over an Alabama game simply because the Tide lost.

I'm with Riz. Really? I get it when it's your son's last game or some other true emotional attachment...otherwise, "Come on, man!"

Last edited:

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I find it comical that so many of you think that it is perfectly fine to throw temper tantrums while watching football, but even the thought of shedding a tear is troubling to you. You understand that both are extreme emotional responses, right? But one is childish, and the other is not - and the one that is not is troubling.
Well said. In reality, it takes more maturity to cry than it takes to smash things. Anyone who tells you that a man should never cry is a liar. The measure of a man is not if he cries, but how he responds afterwards.

Now for a football game? Either reaction is childish, and that's why I've confined them to my childhood.

Chastide

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2004
Huntington, WV
Never cried, but I do recall drinking too much after Bama lost to Northern Illinois in 2003 and waking up on the couch of the family room with the porch door open and an ottoman in the back yard along with one of my shoes. That was the day I realized I needed to grow up...or seek alcohol counseling.... It is agonizing to this day to watch Bama lose but I try to keep things in perspective. I will admit, however, that I felt like hurling the ole' ottoman again Saturday night!

BamaClay

Scout Team
Jul 23, 2007
Tar Heel State
The answer is no. After this one Saturday I was really disappointed(in losing, not the players) but got over it quick. I am so thrilled to have experienced these last 3 championships. It has really been special. Grew up in the 60's and 70's and know that what we have just experienced is something many will not. Didn't cry after '72 Iron Bowl or '73 Sugar Bowl and I'll say it was tough as a young teenager.

DSHO

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2009
Yes i have....i cried after we beat Texas in the National Championship a few years back. Beyond Joyful that my Grandpa was able to see them win one more NC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.