Link: Has Butch Jones and the Vols Found a Loophole in the Recruiting Rules?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

As his post points out, academically eligible student-athletes who enroll in January are now allowed to sign aid agreements with universities as early as Aug. 1.

What does this mean?

According to Woodbery, the Vols had players sign aid agreements last month. He writes, "By the letter of the law, those players wouldn't count against the SEC's signing limit. They're freebies, if you will."

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I hope so! That signing limit is stupid, and I believe Saban has already had some players sign an aid agreement, right?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agree that the signing limit is stupid. To go even further, the 25/85 limits are stupid and hurt student athletes in the name of "parity".

That said, if he tries to do something just because the rules don't strictly prohibit it when the spirit of the rule is clear, I would bet on a punishment.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
No they will still count against the 25. They will still sign an loi and still count. This is what happens when people who aren't in any kind of know try to figure out how "the numbers are gonna work". They start making stuff up, guessing and writing about it.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
No they will still count against the 25. They will still sign an loi and still count. This is what happens when people who aren't in any kind of know try to figure out how "the numbers are gonna work". They start making stuff up, guessing and writing about it.
TRPC - you called this one!!! There should be some kind of penalty for FALSE REPORTING!!!!!

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.