Contract extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Starting to hear that one is to be announced this week. If it turns out, watch the suicide rate in Texas country... :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OTOH, on one of their boards, the took the president's statement yesterday about HCs as proof positive that Saban was coming, so they'll see this the same way. Only people I've known to think like that, other than barners... :D

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Starting to hear that one is to be announced this week. If it turns out, watch the suicide rate in Texas country... :D
Are you talking about an extension for the best Coach in the country or an extension for Coach Brown?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
OTOH, on one of their boards, the took the president's statement yesterday about HCs as proof positive that Saban was coming, so they'll see this the same way. Only people I've known to think like that, other than barners... :D
Yep; living here (south of Houston), I've had a few UT alums tell me they think Saban in coming to Texas. Whenever I ask them to actually make a bet on it, most shy away. It's typical longhorn behavior here; they like to talk a lot, but most either shy away when you present facts or shy away when you want them to put their money where their mouth is.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
They have been trying to stir the pot regarding Tex-as on local sports radio. If this gets Coach a raise as well as his staff raises, all to the good. I don't believe money is the motivator for himself but is an indicator of just how high he is thought of here.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Here is what is really happening. Coach Saban was getting bored slapping the entire country around and winning all the time. And then we went to Opelika. Thanks to questionable reffing, a few mistakes, and yet another fluke play the Barn won the game and ended our run. What they probably don't realize is that they just became the red cape in front of and angry bull. Nick Loves a challenge and now he's got one. Saban is at his best when he is mad.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
Yeah but there's no buyout clause and texas has more money than God, so they can throw enough dollars to get anyone they want

Last edited by a moderator:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yep; living here (south of Houston), I've had a few UT alums tell me they think Saban in coming to Texas. Whenever I ask them to actually make a bet on it, most shy away. It's typical longhorn behavior here; they like to talk a lot, but most either shy away when you present facts or shy away when you want them to put their money where their mouth is.
Texas used to be my 2nd favorite college team, UNTIL I moved to Texas! Those folks are sure arrogant!!! I sure wish we had had instant replay by officials in that game against the Longhorns when Namath actually scored.

Is Namath getting RICH off those Namath Steaks? Hopefully, he is getting lots of Longhorn $'s! I just saw some in a hardware store, Ace Hardware!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Texas used to be my 2nd favorite college team, UNTIL I moved to Texas! Those folks are sure arrogant!!! I sure wish we had had instant replay by officials in that game against the Longhorns when Namath actually scored.

Is Namath getting RICH off those Namath Steaks? Hopefully, he is getting lots of Longhorn $'s! I just saw some in a hardware store, Ace Hardware!
To this day, I have no idea WHY Texas is so arrogant. You'd think they'd have the most national championships or the winningest program in the NCAA...

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
TIDE-HSV: Might we then infer the following...

- UT sent feelers / distanced agents to Jimmy Sexton to discuss CNS coming to UTw.
- Jimmy Sexton engaged in talks and worked up a "deal".
- That "deal" was taken to UA administration, and UA countered with what we are about to see this week (maybe).
- That UTw "deal" is also why UT admin were "100% positive" that CNS was coming to UTw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.