Contract extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm guessing it will come towards the beginning of next week as the next round of coaching vacancies happen.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Regardless of the amount, he is the best coach in America. Give him and Mis Terri an essentially blank contract and let him fill it in. He's worth every penny.

I think alot of what has gone on the past few moths has been posturing for a new contract. Pretty shewd to use an offer from UTw to determine fair market value if that is the case.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Rodney Orr tweeted $7-$8MM being tossed around is not accurate. Personally, would think $6-$6.5MM is about right. Maybe announce Nick Saban Field at BDS too.
I imagine the numbers you mentioned would be base, while incentives would be there to get to the 7-7.5 mark. Saban field would be a nice touch

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I would love for it to be $7 million just to see these other schools pony up the money for their coaches that have written in their contracts to be the highest paid coach in the land. I think Les and Big Game Bob has it in theirs.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I imagine the numbers you mentioned would be base, while incentives would be there to get to the 7-7.5 mark. Saban field would be a nice touch
I would agree with that. Looks like Saban can currently make $700K in bonus/incentives, increasing to $900K next season. Bump the incentive potential by about $200k so the total could be in the $7MM to $8.5MM range. Also wouldn't be surprised if he asked for more $$$ for his assistants. Bump Kirby to about $1.75MM, Nuss to $1MM, Cristobal to $600KChief, is Wylie Fire Rescue collecting christmas gifts for those less fortunate again this year? I remember y'all did and bump the others by $50K-$100K. That get all of the on field assistants and SC to $350-$450 range.

Don't know we need any facility upgrades but if we do, make a promise to provide them.

Lastly maybe some bad ... new uniforms with crimson pants, metallic helmets and black, grey & white tie-dye jerseys.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Here is what is really happening. Coach Saban was getting bored slapping the entire country around and winning all the time. And then we went to Opelika. Thanks to questionable reffing, a few mistakes, and yet another fluke play the Barn won the game and ended our run. What they probably don't realize is that they just became the red cape in front of and angry bull. Nick Loves a challenge and now he's got one. Saban is at his best when he is mad.
Not to mention the SEC's run too, but who cares...those morons think they will go to the NCG....see we will.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't think there will be an opening at Texas the end of this year. I think Brown's got strong backing by the powerbrokers at UT and the horn fans have gotten use to mediocrity. He is going to try to pull a Bowden in Austin and think it will get ugly in the end. But then again, I know nothing.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In celebration of this thread I was hoping to add a profanity laced video showing Coach Saban wearing a Longhorn jersey, with Duron Carter smoking a joint wearing a Bama Jersey with a white helmet, and a hot girl in a houndstooth skirt checking for faxes from new OC Mike Shula that read, LSU fans are welcome to post here yet again.....with fifteen midget trannies singing Kung Fu Fighting.....

And....praising the fact that I am well over 7000 posts, and goshed darn proud of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.