The Crimson White apologizes for comic strip after Iron Bowl loss

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, Obama is pretty much responsible for everything that goes wrong in the world today. :rolleyes:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think he means the Alabama football team has done just fine since Obama was elected in 2008. 3 National Championships is pretty good...

Please don't intorduce football into a political attack of our president on the Football forum.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, Obama is pretty much responsible for everything that goes wrong in the world today. :rolleyes:
The cartoon was not criticizing Obama, it was satirizing those that absurdly blame him for everything. I can't believe this is actually flying over most of your heads.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i understood it as a poke in the eye of all of the folks that blame Obama for everything they dont like
The actual comic was either a poke in their eye, or created by someone who really espouses that belief. Since comics are generally meant as satire, you are almost certainly correct.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Your sarcasm is the same sarcasm that was intended (though poorly communicated) in the cartoon. The paper and the artist have stated that it was satire, intended to poke fun at those who blame everything on Obama. It wasn't intended to actually blame the loss on him. Again, very poorly communicated. Certainly not racist though. And certainly didn't warrant an apology to the race-baiters.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Well at least this may quiet the "Vote Democrat so Alabama will win" crowd a little. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.