If FSU beats DUKE, will you still root for Ohio State to lose to MSU?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Since the SECCG is played before the FSU and OSU games tomorrow, I'll know how to direct my cheering efforts. If Missouri wins - I'm hoping they both lose. If barnerville wins - I hope both FSU and OSU win.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Keep it SEC. That SEC SEC SEC chant isn't just about us. Shame on those who act like it is.
You will never catch me chanting SEC SEC SEC. I am a Bama fan - plain and simple. I have other teams that I might root for if Bama were not in the mix for the NC (and that includes pretty much anyone who would line up against Auburn), but I really could not care less if the next NC comes from the SEC if it is not the Crimson Tide.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
First, if FSU loses to Duke, it would have to be considered possibly the biggest upset in the history of college football. All I hear on that game is how big will the margin of victory be.

On the Ohio State question, I'm torn. MSU will be the first top 15 ranked team they've played since Urban went there. In my mind, this is like Boise State or something, playing 1 tough game a year and acting like they deserve a championship. On the other hand, I think FSU would easily defeat OSU, Auburn or Mizzou. (I think BAMA's the only one that could actually beat them).

So what I enjoy more, watching FSU beat up Ohio State or Auburn. What's more fun, watching Urban squirm or popping the magic barnbubble? Krymsonman

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
The Auburn program has not earned, and does not deserve, to play for a national championship.
I'm fine with anybody else being in Pasadena.
Many said the same about us in '11 and '12. I hate it too, but if Auburn does make it in and win, it would be more legit than '10 was.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
The SEC, huh? Is this the same SEC that refused to stand behind us back when we got burned by the NCAA? The same SEC that includes the Barn, the Viles, and LSWho? How many fans of those schools pulled for us to win it all over the last few years?

No, thanks. I pull for Bama and the rest can, well, do whatever they do.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Keep it SEC. That SEC SEC SEC chant isn't just about us. Shame on those who act like it is.
I don't think that other posters assume that "SEC" is only about us. It's about keeping AU away from the BCSNC. If Mizzou wins then yes, I will be pulling for MSU. But if AU wins, then GO BUCKEYES. My disdain for AU overrides any loyalty that have for our conference.

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
I will. I pulled hard for the auburns in the 2010 game against Oregon. I don't have the deep, dark hatred of the auburns that some of you have. I do enjoy poking fun when they are down, but I honestly prefer for them to be good. It makes the rivalry better. Another SEC title benefits Bama too. And if our only loss is to the eventual national champ, well that speaks for itself also.

I think the difference for me is I don't live in Alabama so I don't have to hear the same year-round crap y'all do.

But I do live in Tennessee and I don't even hate them! I am simply not a hater. :)

Maybe I'm just weird. I think it is my severe disdain for losing that drives me. Any angle I can get I will take. Losing to the champ looks better than losing to a chump. Having all the champs come from your conference and your state looks really strong also. I'd rather that no SEC team ever loss to a non-conference opponent and will all the championships.

I digress...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think I would enjoy a Freeshoes throttling of Urby in Tide-like Natty Champ thrashing similar to what happened in Miami last year.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
The point is moot because Duke is simply not beating FSU. It would have to qualify as easily the biggest upset in any conference championship game that has ever been played.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.