"Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Please correct me if I am mistaken, does anyone recall the phrase "Never Again"? (And I'm referring to College Football) And if you do, what exactly did it refer to? I have memories of such an event happening, but it's been a couple of years and my memory may be clouded. Some help here, please.
Roll Tide, Roll...a'ight!
I think it refers to our last loss to The Barn, but, I still don't think Coach Saban has that deep rooted hate for the The Barn like us Fans do & a statement like that from Jacobs will go a longgggg ways into planting that seed of hate toward The Barners..Don't gt me wrong I Know Coach Saban has stated "We Have An Instate Opponent We Strive To Dominate 365 Day A Year" or something like that..I think he tries to still respect them, when in actuality it would serve us better, if he hates them with a passion like we all do..And Jacobs just helped that cause..JMO

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

I think it refers to our last loss to The Barn, but, I still don't think Coach Saban has that deep rooted hate for the The Barn like us Fans do & a statement like that from Jacobs will go a longgggg ways into planting that seed of hate toward The Barners..Don't gt me wrong I Know Coach Saban has stated "We Have An Instate Opponent We Strive To Dominate 365 Day A Year" or something like that..I think he tries to still respect them, when in actuality it would serve us better, if he hates them with a passion like we all do..And Jacobs just helped that cause..JMO
He has used the word HATE in referring to the Barn before. I'm not sure where this belief of "Saban is ambivalent towards AU" comes from.

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA

Please correct me if I am mistaken, does anyone recall the phrase "Never Again"? (And I'm referring to College Football) And if you do, what exactly did it refer to? I have memories of such an event happening, but it's been a couple of years and my memory may be clouded. Some help here, please.
Roll Tide, Roll...a'ight!
O.K., since this wasn't in blue I will tell you..."Never Again" is what was in the locker room (I guess) after we lost 28-27 in 2010 (to Scam & Co). I was wondering before the game this year where that phrase was. I was wondering why no one was talking about it ('cause I sure had not forgotten it). I'm glad you brought it up!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He has used the word HATE in referring to the Barn before. I'm not sure where this belief of "Saban is ambivalent towards AU" comes from.
You may be correct & I'm wrong..I just think he respects them more than he hates them cause that's just how he is as a HC & I'm good with that..Cause he wasn't born into this rivalry like the vast majority of us..

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Jay...Jay...Jay...I don't remember who said "it is often better to remain silent and let the world merely THINK you a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt", but I'm pretty sure that he was talking to you...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Jay's building a case to argue that they beat the two best teams in the country two weeks in a row so he can lobby to jump OH. ST. if FSU and St. win.

Of course the problem with his case is:

1. Bama is far better than Mizzu, counter to his argument
2. Hopefully Mizzu plays their A game and puts a whoopin on the Barn.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

I don't think Auburn has a prayer against Missouri--Not because Missouri is a great team, but because, personnel wise, they're built to stop what Auburn does best on offense(run), and they're built to attack what Auburn does worst on defense(defend the pass). Plus they can run.
I think it'll be like 38-20
Bama is a better run stopping team than Mizzou, has better WRs, a better QB and ... Well, Bama is better than Mizzou just about everywhere.

Auburn wins. Not because they're great, but they're playing great at the moment.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Jay's building a case to argue that they beat the two best teams in the country two weeks in a row so he can lobby to jump OH. ST. if FSU and St. win.

Of course the problem with his case is:

1. Bama is far better than Mizzu, counter to his argument
2. Hopefully Mizzu plays their A game and puts a whoopin on the Barn.
This will be the only time in my life I'm pulling for the booger eaters to win, with hope FSU & OSU both loses, to set up the greatest rematch & possibly best college football game ever in the BCS NC Game..I wanna a rematch with The barn & crush their dreams of winning the NC, by beating them in a rematch in the BCS NC Game..Now if OSU & FSU both win or just one of them wins, we have no chance for that rematch, and then I hope Missouri wins then & crushes The Barn..LOL

tmv85

All-SEC

I could be thinking of an entirely different situation, but I seem to remember talk about Coach Saban saying, with very salty language I do believe, that he hated awbrin. Maybe during the 2009 game?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I could be thinking of an entirely different situation, but I seem to remember talk about Coach Saban saying, with very salty language I do believe, that he hated awbrin. Maybe during the 2009 game?
2008, during the 36-0 beat down when some of the team seemed to be losing focus after it was apparent Auburn had quit. At least that's what the sideline reporter said.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN

Totally childish and unprofessional for an Athletic Director to engage in that kind of taunting. Only at the Barn.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Tickets for the SECCG are selling at the lowest price they have ever sold for. That ought to tell Ol Jay something but in his twisted mind it's the weathers fault. Jay says "Missouri's the best team they have played all year" because he sees a beat down coming, why else would he make such a comment.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

You may be correct & I'm wrong..I just think he respects them more than he hates them cause that's just how he is as a HC & I'm good with that..Cause he wasn't born into this rivalry like the vast majority of us..
If I'm not mistaken he has never been a fan of their recruiting tactics. I may have that wrong but I'm thinking that is where he was first introduced to little brother.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Bama is a better run stopping team than Mizzou, has better WRs, a better QB and ... Well, Bama is better than Mizzou just about everywhere.

Auburn wins. Not because they're great, but they're playing great at the moment.
1) Not for a zone read offense, IMO - Mizzou has better line play than Bama (maybe not better lb's)
2) and sorry, but, no...Bama receivers, as good as they are, dropped a LOT of passes this year, and at other times simply couldn't get open. Mizzou has 2 wr's as good as any pair in the country. It's no secret we had a full court press on to sign one of them. Bama has more depth at wr, but not a better pair of receivers IMO

Mizzou can definitely win. Saying the barn is playing great right now, IMO, is hysterical. How can you say their defense is "playing great"?

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
In a way, I hope he is correct. That will indicate a barn collapse/loss. At this point any way that defeats the barn & subsequently costs them a major bowl game is acceptable. ATTENTION BOWL COMMITEES: AUBURN DID NOT SELL OUT THEIR NCS GAME...

venegoni

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2007

Auburn has the big head now. Mizzu is getting no respect. This may just be a mizzu beatdown. One can only hope…

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I hope he is right.....

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this hilarious image.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

In a way, I hope he is correct. That will indicate a barn collapse/loss. At this point any way that defeats the barn & subsequently costs them a major bowl game is acceptable. ATTENTION BOWL COMMITEES: AUBURN DID NOT SELL OUT THEIR NCS GAME...
Not defending the Barn but, they DID sell 100% of their allotment when they went to the BCSCG. Just like Alabama did in 2009, 2011 & 2012, they took a loss for unsold tickets on the complimentary tickets that went to players, band, admin etc.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Mizzou's defensive front gets way way more penetration than Bama's. The last I saw they had like 49 sacks and 20 tackles for loss.
We didn't come close to that. Plus I believe they had 17 interceptions. They're strong all the way around. No they're not as good as Bama but they match up better against Auburn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.