"Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Please correct me if I am mistaken, does anyone recall the phrase "Never Again"? (And I'm referring to College Football) And if you do, what exactly did it refer to? I have memories of such an event happening, but it's been a couple of years and my memory may be clouded. Some help here, please.
Roll Tide, Roll...a'ight!
Barrett Jones answered this question a few days before the IB this year. We want to think it means never let API beat us again but he said it had nothing to do with API. He said it was about keeping focus for every play right up until the end especially when they had a big lead.

remember API had no loss & we already had 2 so we were not the favorite by most. But blowing a 21 point lead had to be corrected, we blew a 14 point lead against aTm but still won & blew a 14 point lead in the IB with a chance to go up by 21 inside the red zone.

We have some work to do on the Never Again for next year.

Just like 2010 we had several opportunities to win this game aside from kicking problems but just did not make the play. I think CNS answered it Great on Gameday, trying to make a play to hard & not focusing on your job.
this just proves what he said all along every team is different. I hope next years team get a lot of Dr Elko, it's surely needed.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

As I've said in the past, Jacobs was not hired for his intelligence. Remember he is a Pat Dye disciple...open mouth insert foot.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009

Jay Jacobs = Jerk

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com

What kind of comment to say Mizzou is the best team they played all year? It was a good game until 4th qtr Auburn just put 14pts on them & then ahead by 17pts...We lost to Auburn by 7pts VS 17pts? Best team ever? I am just laughing LOL!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

He said it strictly for BCS posturing, nothing more nothing less. Just in case ohio state wins he wanted all that crap in the back of voters' minds.

Go Buckeyes!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Well, it looks like Alabama (as a state) is about to stake its claim as THE most dominant state for college football - five in a row...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

I'm just glad Bama never has the smarmy, used car salesman, "clever" type coaches and administration that the barn seems to always have.

Auburn = classless

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.