"Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
"Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Was watching an ESPN interview with Jay Jacobs this afternoon and after he finished making sure everybody new how great of a Christian he was he made the statement "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."

Take that for what we all know it was. A shot across the bow at Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

It is stupid, because if JessN is right and Saban isn't taking this series personally enough, stuff like this will change that. If Auburn really starts to get Saban's attention, this series could take an ugly turn for them.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Re: "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."-Jay Jacobs (Auburn AD)

Was watching an ESPN interview with Jay Jacobs this afternoon and after he finished making sure everybody new how great of a Christian he was he made the statement "Missouri's the best team we will have played all year."

Take that for what we all know it was. A shot across the bow at Bama.
I guess he expects to lose the game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Sounds like a lying Christian!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Guy is trolling or high. Either way....

As I tweeted earlier, him referring to AU as America's team is delusional at best. He thinks that because 11M people watched that final play online that they're a "team of destiny" and people want to see them lose.

Wrong Jay....Wrong. Nobody cares that Auburn won, only that Alabama lost. There were just as many people rooting for LSU to knock us off. All that excitement had everything to do with us losing, not them winning. And now that AU has served their purpose, NOBODY gives a rip what happens to them going forward.

But as delusional as they are, it would make sense that someone in a figure head position would be too

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

I expect nothing less from the leader of that cult.

With that said, I would have responded essentially Auburn needing luck to beat superior teams. Just glad Bama has a AD to will remain above such pettiness. But anyways, Screw Jacobs, and screw Auburn.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010

Salt on the wound.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Guy is trolling or high. Either way....

As I tweeted earlier, him referring to AU as America's team is delusional at best. He thinks that because 11M people watched that final play online that they're a "team of destiny" and people want to see them lose.

Wrong Jay....Wrong. Nobody cares that Auburn won, only that Alabama lost. There were just as many people rooting for LSU to knock us off. All that excitement had everything to do with us losing, not them winning. And now that AU has served their purpose, NOBODY gives a rip what happens to them going forward.

But as delusional as they are, it would make sense that someone in a figure head position would be too
Yeah, people across the nation cared not because they wanted to see Auburn win but because they wanted to see Alabama lose. Auburn shouldn't get that twisted...nobody cares that you're a team of destiny, they hoped that Auburn would do another under-thrown-pass-for-winning-TD thing on Alabama and they did.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

You disrespectful son of bravo, don't act like you didn't just play the #1 team in the nation who had their two toughest games on the road. Jay Jacobs is talking entirely too much for a AD.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Says the man who hired Gene Chizik and then fired him four years later to narrowly save his own hide.

I've always had little use for Jacobs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why would anyone take the man that thought Texas was coming after Gene Chizik seriously?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

This sickens me.
Just the opposite. This excites me. The staff will be using stuff like this for the next 200 days of prep for next year.

I can hear Coach C now hollering at the players in the off season to be "better" than Mizzou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

It is stupid, because if JessN is right and Saban isn't taking this series personally enough, stuff like this will change that. If Auburn really starts to get Saban's attention, this series could take an ugly turn for them.
My thoughts exactly. Look what we did to Florida... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Jay Jacobs hired Gene Chizik so I wouldn't put much stock in anything he says.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

Remember when Mal Moore talked smack?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Honestly, what else do you expect him to say? "MIZ sucks compared to BAMA?" Just like when Saban mentioned Arkansas or Tennessee being the best team we had faced all year or the fact UTC has really good players, no they don't....

That said, if Jacobs really believes it, he is an idiot. Although with the size/skill of the MIZ receivers, I do think they may be the best they have faced all year. BAMA has more depth and a better QB by far but, the top 3 for MIZ are impressive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.