Saban to be on College Gameday Saturday...

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama
Re: Saban to be on College Gameday Tomorrow

I actually believe it could be a blessing in disguise. Let's be honest. Our offensive line played maybe 4 good games this entire year. We had a hard time moving bodies off the line for the most part. And in those games they did play good it wasn't even for an entire game. I also believe we lost a bit of fire over the course of the season. Would I have rather won out? You bet. But since that we didn't and we are playing with the cards we earned. It's time to start pulling the positives and lessons that only come in defeat and failure.

Look back over the the last six years. We lose the 24 pt lead to Auburn in 2010 and it lights a fire under our coach and team. We blow Auburn out two years straight. We lose a game we shouldn't in 2011 against LSU. What did that do? It lit a fire under our staff and team going into the title game and we dismantle them and go on another run in 2012.

I think we need another lighting of the fire and what happened in the IB should do it. If that loss doesn't burn this entire team and staff and light a fire then we've truly hit a state of complacency. I think this is a great opportunity re-light a fire that can fuel the beginning of another title run.
I agree.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I would love to see an ESPN special with a Ron Burgandy/Nick Saban interview--it would be as funny as the one with Peyton Manning. Saban has a sense of humor that only those who love him get. I've seen it in several interviews this year.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

I agree with you on that - & coming from a reformed semi OSU fan. I'd still rather see any SEC team (other than auburn) in the NC.
Fixed it for me...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Of course, by saying that AU deserved to play for the BCS championship if they win....he didn't say that about Mizzou. Seems like Coach thinks we might still have a chance to sneak into the game.
I've been steadfast in my opinion on this one. I still say if FSU or Ohio State loses and Missouri wins a ugly, low scoring game that the coaches and Harris voters may vote to keep us ahead of Missouri. Afterall, we are still ranked AHEAD of them going into this game. If they have time to think, "I know Mizzou won but are they really better than Bama?" they may stick with us. Afterall, the goal of the BCS is to get the two BEST teams in the title game.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I've been steadfast in my opinion on this one. I still say if FSU or Ohio State loses and Missouri wins a ugly, low scoring game that the coaches and Harris voters may vote to keep us ahead of Missouri. Afterall, we are still ranked AHEAD of them going into this game. If they have time to think, "I know Mizzou won but are they really better than Bama?" they may stick with us. Afterall, the goal of the BCS is to get the two BEST teams in the title game.
I just don't see how a 12-1 Mizzou would stay behind 11-1 Bama. I know voters can do strange things, but I just don't see it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I just don't see how a 12-1 Mizzou would stay behind 11-1 Bama. I know voters can do strange things, but I just don't see it.
Yeah I agree. It would be one thing if we were picked to play Mizzoo in the game but to pick us over Mizzoo to play in the game would be wrong, IMO. We had our shot to control our destiny and WE blew it. A 12-1 SEC champ Mizzoo would deserve to go over us in that situation.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Sip, I love ya...you are a true believer!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.