JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I was meaning to do a blog post after the Auburn game, and never published what I actually wrote. So, I decided to put my anxiety to a slightly more constructive use and wrote with the topic of this thread in mind.

Obviously, Nick Saban is never going to read what I wrote, and that's a good thing because I'm not much of a writer. But, I just decided to go with that angle (yes, of course it is long, I wrote it): http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2013/12/an-open-letter-to-nick-saban.html

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That's my area of concern.
Same here. I understand he can't come on here and say who his source is, but I'm pretty sure it would be someone well connected to the athletic office. I don't know the man personally, but he seems to have little tolerance for rumors on here and I don't think this is something he heard waiting in line at Wal-Mart.

If Saban does leave, I will be very disappointed in him. I appreciate everything he has done for the program, but after all his denials I think a lot of fans would take it as a slap in the face if he did go. Plus, we'd have to listen to all the Barners, Whos and national media laugh at us and say "I told you so".

And with the Barn on the verge of winning a national championship, this would be the worst time for him to leave.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I take it then that he may not be coaching the bowl game? :(
Lord no! How would I know that at this point? I'm just saying that I had thought, as Jess did, that this was all but a done deal. It appears that that is not the case. I expect it to be resolved in the next couple of days, happily, I hope...

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham
Lord no! How would I know that at this point? I'm just saying that I had thought, as Jess did, that this was all but a done deal. It appears that that is not the case. I expect it to be resolved in the next couple of days, happily, I hope...
thank you, help me back down from the edge.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Thanks! I believe I can sleep now!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think you misunderstood me. I don't want you to reveal your source, and I know you can't. So I take what you tell us at face value and wait for whatever news comes out of it in the end. I'm always appreciative of your inside knowledge.
OK. I wish I could say more, but I can't. However, news like this can't be kept under a bushel. It's out everywhere. Trying to keep it off the board and this thread would be like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dyke. (That didn't work either.)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It surely is, think it is my favorite now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stumbled on to it when I didn't want to pay the price of Crown and asked the guy was there anything else that was decent but not as expensive. He pointed to the Knob and said it's just as good (maybe even better) for less. He was right on all accounts.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I expect it to end well for both parties. The more I think about it the more I believe he'll stay, coach three MAYBE four more years and be done. You mentioning the "health" element, IMO, makes it more unlikely he goes to Texas and starts over.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
I can't recall an instance when Earle has had a shorter fuse. Very troubling.

Hopefully Coach was able to spend the evening recognizing all the hard work and commitment given by those young men this year.

Pugsley

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The strangest thing about this is that if the reason for Coach Saban looking at an offer from Texas is that if it is because of unappreciative fans, certainly he knows that Texas has the most arrogant fans in cfb

CMB almost won their conference, and people are calling for his head....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.