JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We've basically, collectively, said if CNS leaves we'll just be happy for what he did and say thanks.

But I really don't think that's how this will go down IF he leaves to coach at another school. This will test our fanbase (and Tidefans Board) like nothing we've faced since the death of Bear Bryant.
I just wonder if the statue will still be standing if he leaves...you know some nut job will do something stupid.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Man, the IB, the barn winning the SECC and going to the NC, and now this.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
When you think about it in historical context, Saban's already had the longest run of any Alabama head coach since Bryant. It has gone by quickly (as good times always do) but in perspective it wouldn't be that surprising if he decided to leave.

Of course I hope he stays another decade, but at the moment it feels like we are at a crossroads.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Maybe I'm in the minority, but if CNS were to leave/retire, whatever, I'd tip my hat to him and be eternally grateful for everything he's done for our program.

Having said that, obviously I hope he stays, but he's gonna leave at some point, so I don't let my life revolve around the "when". I'm gonna be a Bama fan whether he's in Tuscaloosa or not.

In all honesty, I have real things to be concerned about, like how to afford everything for my son for Christmas this month and someone I love fighting for their life right now.

If he stays or if he goes, reality will still be with me in the morning.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just don't think there is any way that the Sabans are leaving us for any greener pastures. It does stick in my head, however, about Ms. Terry saying in a recent interview that they are "educating themselves" in regards to their perception of an "unappreciative" fan base in Alabama. I never could wrap my arms about what she is referring to or why she would say something like that.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Well said!
Maybe I'm in the minority, but if CNS were to leave/retire, whatever, I'd tip my hat to him and be eternally grateful for everything he's done for our program.

Having said that, obviously I hope he stays, but he's gonna leave at some point, so I don't let my life revolve around the "when". I'm gonna be a Bama fan whether he's in Tuscaloosa or not.

In all honesty, I have real things to be concerned about, like how to afford everything for my son for Christmas this month and someone I love fighting for their life right now.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
I think I'll take him at his word regarding his desire to affect the lives of young men. He stated such since his last year with the Dolphins. He has nearly 100 on his roster now. To start over with another group, he will have to terminate his relationship with this group. I feel he would not leave short of health issues interfering with his commitments.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If a statue next to Coach Bryant and a "gazillion" dollars isn't respect then they ain't ever gonna feel it!

I just don't think there is any way that the Sabans are leaving us for any greener pastures. It does stick in my head, however, about Ms. Terry saying in a recent interview that they are "educating themselves" in regards to their perception of an "unappreciative" fan base in Alabama. I never could wrap my arms about what she is referring to or why she would say something like that.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Perspective. Thanks for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.