JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm tame. Go check out shaggybevo. Now there's a bunch of potty mouths.
This may surprise you but the standard here isn't set by the lower standards at another website.

I'm just saying.

(I would take CA's advice if I were you - seriously)

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
The Saban to TX news is all over EVERY B'ham nightly news station tonight. I really wish Saban would sign the UA contract as soon as possible.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I keep hearing that - and having been both places all I can say is......HUH?

It's a university town just like T-Town. OK, it's about ten times the size but so what? Dallas is up the road, San Antone down it, so Austin hardly registers. Besides - that also translates into MORE DISTRACTIONS for college football players.

I'm just saying.
It is also a comm'nist country, but since this isn't NS, I'll leave it at that.

OK, to be serious..............I never figured out what is so great about Austin. Other than its "Keep Austin Weird" campaign. Yeah, guys my age are just chompin' at the bit to move there.

And speaking of distractions......................

Let's exchange a Thursday night "Hey, Coach" show, for all the intrusions of the LHN. Right.............sure..............

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This has nothing to do with the present and is from the 2006 coaching search thread - but it is pure comedic gold, too:

Because they have good gigs.

If either Spurdog or Satan takes the job, I will walk away from tidefans.com for 1 year. And be thrilled about it.
Does anybody know if he served this self-imposed sentence? I'm laughing about it though.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - a word of caution:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/10/report-saban-will-be-next-texas-coach/

But read it closer:

A reporter for the Fort Worth Telegram tweeted on Tuesday night that, according to a source close to the University of Texas executive council of regents, Nick Saban will indeed make the jump to Austin to replace Mack Brown as the Longhorns head coach.

(This is from the RETRACTED tweet of that idiot).

And NBC actually has it as a story. I guess I can chalk up anything they say as lazy reporting.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Coach Saban has been working like someone who is staying. I think it says something. But, and I am by no means an insider and don't pretend to know what many of you know. But I do know some people who know things, and who give me tickets whenever I ask to whatever game (people who played and have connections), and they are sincerely worried. I think he is shuffling his feet with the contract, trying to decide; If it is purely money, they dont' think Bama is willing to do what Texas is; at least that is what they say. But they don't know, just saying some people close to the program are indeed worried.
It surprises me that he would sell out his integrity & ultimately control of his program - but if he does so be it. If he is really in that much financial straits then maybe it will be worth it to him. He will be forever beholden to that small group of boosters and believe me - Texans do call in favors.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
B'ham news outlets are all pretty much run by Barners aren't they? It's to be expected.
I am not sure who they are run by, but they seem to air Alabama news prior to Auburn news, most of the time. If they were run by Barners, would they give the first mention to the opposing team?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He may catch a sneak preview, on the Weather Channel, to see if practice will be in or out.
That's right. I'd forgotten that he said the only TV he watched was the weather channel. Yeah, that Austin nightlife will be a big draw. My Lord, they're both from WV! Check out the other places they've coached, Toledo, for example, now that's a real nightlife hotspot...

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
I am not sure who they are run by, but they seem to air Alabama news prior to Auburn news, most of the time. If they were run by Barners, would they give the first mention to the opposing team?
Nah...
The majority owner is an Auburn grad, but they do have to cater to Bama people to sustain themselves. But there are times when it has been very blatantly barner loving.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They just had finebaum on espn talking about Saban to Texas. (Nothing new) he said that Saban has not signed the new contract and that people close to alabama are getting very nervous that he is reconsidering the Texas offer. He said most people think he will remain at bama, but until he signs the new contract it's up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.