Status
Not open for further replies.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
The question is -- WHO is her recruiting FOR? lol

;)
i said i wouldn't post in this thread, but i just can't help myself.

we know coach is out recruiting, and it would seem unimaginable for the kids and their parents not to know about all these rumors and innuendo by now.

i would think that at least one of these mothers or fathers would (and probably has) simply look at him and say "if you can't tell me right now with 100% conviction that you are going to be the coach at alabama next season, you can get back in the car and be on your way."

i mean, i don't care who it is that wants to talk to my kids, i'm not going to be in awe of anyone, especially not sitting in my own living room discussing my child's future.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If we are waiting for him to sign a new contract, I would suspect that would take a few days for a couple of reasons. Any contract that was offered and accepted would have to actually written up by one side and then reviewed by the other. I would guess takes it more than a few hours given the dollars involved and the complexity of these types of contracts.

One the other hand, his contracts have been pretty slanted toward him in the past and he has an escape clause at least 1 time a year if not more. Someone who has more knowledge of his previous contracts might want to clarify this.

BamaBackerBill

1st Team
Mar 2, 2003
Fayette, AL, USA
I'm pretty much with BnB on this. It'll happen when and how it happens and there's nothing I can do about it...

I'm a nobody and don't have any connections, but I just don't see any reason why Saban would leave for UT. I could see why he would leave for retirement and possibly for a unique NFL situation that would give him so much control, but I just don't see him leaving for any other college. Having said that, I have no sources in high places so I would like for Earle, any and all Mods in the know, or anyone else with Bama inside sources to just give an honest percentage of what you believe Saban is going to do. Here's an example and what I believe:

80% He stays at Bama
10% He retires
7% He goes to NFL
3% He goes to UT

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
Well, like many have said, such a move doesn't make a bit of sense. He'd be going to a lesser conference. The SEC is the premier conference in the country. Alabama is at the top of the SEC. Auburn rises once in a while, but the premier, top tier program is Alabama. What does he have to prove at a lesser conference. In a way, this wouldn't be a lateral move. Because of the conference, it would be sort of a step down. So that's got me scratching my head.

And if the Sabans are truly worried about unappreciative fan bases, they better take a close look at a fan base who has been clamoring to get rid of their coach even when he was playing for a conference championship. They haven't even TOUCHED the hem of the garment of lack of appreciation until they get with that Texas bunch.

My thoughts are, he's either leveraging for the best contract possible or he's weighing his options...perhaps not wanting to come to terms with how old he actually is and what a toll starting over would be. It's in his blood to rebuild and Texas is offering a lot of money...but that story about the dog crossing the bridge with a bone in Aesop's Fables comes to mind. At some point, a person needs the maturity to realize that if they grasp for the next big thing and forget that they already have so much, they go too far many times and lose a really good thing.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
I'm a nobody and don't have any connections, but I just don't see any reason why Saban would leave for UT.
I can see why Texas would be appealing to Coach Saban.

First, if he really does enjoy building up a program vs. maintaining. Texas is the last sleeping giant in college football.

Second, I'm assuming at this point Saban is looking at his end goal "what do you want to still accomplish?" He has 4 national championships (1 LSU/3 Bama). 2 more brings him to Coach Bryant's #. It may be easier to get 2 more in the Big 12 under Texas than in the SEC West (for example look at how this year turned out for us).

Saban has time right now to move to Texas, devote 5-6 years there and retire. It's just bad timing for us that the one program which may tempt him is coming open at the exact same time Saban is likely evaluating where he wants to be spend the next 5-7 years.

bamaabw

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
Let us not forget this has happened before...Saban was at Michigan State when the AD showed up at his house to talk about his contract and Miss Terri was in Baton Rouge talking to LSU on nicks behalf...the flight was from. Ttown to Austin...

bamaabw

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
Yes 1st post...under this name anyway...affiliation...I am Bama grad and have been a Tide Pride member for over 17 years before you flame...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Let us not forget this has happened before...Saban was at Michigan State when the AD showed up at his house to talk about his contract and Miss Terri was in Baton Rouge talking to LSU on nicks behalf...the flight was from. Ttown to Austin...
*sigh*

Not saying what will happen, but I highly doubt that Bryant Jr would allow CNS to use his plane to go to Austin. Just sayin'...

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
As much as folks say "oh if you think Bama fans are bad wait till you deal with Texas' " this is not a compelling argument. Texas has won 1 national championship in over thirty years. I think Texas fans would be more than patient with Saban and give him 4-5 years to win one. They've given Mack Brown a decade and he only has one. Saban would have less pressure in Austin than Tuscaloosa.

bamaabw

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
C'mon man was at all 3 BCS N c games, 4 home games this year even though I live in Dallas and my daughter starts at Bama next year...full disclosure...I hate orange and love Rammer Jammer...especially after the LSU game this year because we sang it 4 times...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
As much as folks say "oh if you think Bama fans are bad wait till you deal with Texas' " this is not a compelling argument. Texas has won 1 national championship in over thirty years. I think Texas fans would be more than patient with Saban and give him 4-5 years to win one. They've given Mack Brown a decade and he only has one. Saban would have less pressure in Austin than Tuscaloosa.
I totally disagree. My son lives there in Austin and he says the Horn fans are insufferable now. They will expect him to win one next year. They think the players they have now are championship caliber. We all know it takes a few year to separate the wheat from the chaff even for Saban. They don't see themselves as one of the premier programs in the country, they see themselves as THE premier program in the country. UT fans believe their money puts them above everyone else in college football.

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I totaly disagree. My son lives there in Austin and he says the Horn fans are insufferable now. They will expect him to win one next year. They think the players they have now are championship caliber. We all know if takes a few year to separate the wheat from the chaff even for Saban. They don't see themselves as one of the premier programs in the country, they see themselves as THE premier program in the country. UT fans believe their money puts them above everyone else in college football.
i was in TX a few weeks ago for a conference and it seems like you can't go 5 minutes without being told how this thing or that is the "biggest or "largest" or "oldest" or simply "best." it seems texans have a very big opinion of themselves.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I totaly disagree. My son lives there in Austin and he says the Horn fans are insufferable now. They will expect him to win one next year. They think the players they have now are championship caliber. We all know if takes a few year to separate the wheat from the chaff even for Saban. They don't see themselves as one of the premier programs in the country, they see themselves as THE premier program in the country. UT fans believe their money puts them above everyone else in college football.
At 62 years old starting over and getting back to the top is going to be a tough, tough thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.