JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
They always have to one up or scoop the others.
And all the retractions from early BS have made the media a joke accordingly. Once upon a time it was a badge of honor that a scoop had to be credible and verified before they'd post it. With the internet age, now any crackpot can say anything and suddenly that "source" is being cited.

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
Interesting tidbit, in my eyes: ESPN and Saban have agreed for him to be in Pasadena, doing TV commentary for the BCSNCG.

Reading the tea leaves, wouldn't think he would be so eager to be in front of a camera in such a public capacity in the immediate aftermath of a big backlash and controversy over (another) departure. Kind of seems to be like a guy who plans to be operating about like normal come early January.
I think Saban agreed to this years ago... to help ESPN out if he were not coaching in the game...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well at this juncture everyone will say what they are expected to say and we can take virtually nothing from it. Mack will say he's staying. After all, he has a contract so why not say that he's staying. He'll just be doing his job. Texas will deny anything official but that's expected. Decisions will be made come Thursday and then there will be the fallout from it. There really is nothing to report right now but what you'd expect which is posturing. I can't see Mack staying and one would think it has hit a critical point over at UT. What that means for CNS?.........who knows. I personally see Mack getting some money and stepping down and it will be great timing for Nick as that will motivate us to put a sweetheart deal together to keep him till he wants to do something else. It is called leverage. We'll see how it all plays out but that's how I see it going down. I would think whatever happens will happen pretty fast so I don't think we'll be waiting long.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Fisher's son has a rare blood disease and I'll bet the facilities in Austin are better than Tallahassee. In fact, I know!

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't think UT forces Brown to step down without already having an accepted plan B in place. Now no one really truthfully has any idea who that may be. There are people pushing Saban's name, but it could be a whole laundry list of coaches. Saban is renown for not wanting to be interupted by "clutter" until he has coached his last game of the season. We had to wait on him to finish at Miami before we knew anything. The UT board of Regents meeting may put an end to all this speculation pretty quickly on Thursday one way or another.

If he leaves, so be it, If he stays great. He is one a the all great coaches in the game, but if he wants to leave his mark on the game like Bear did, he needs to stay put. He could be the John Wooden of college football here. At Texas it would take time to get everyone buying in on the process. At Alabama, the PTB leave him alone and let him do his job without interference. Texas has more egos to contend with there. He will have people similar to Jerry Jones meddling constantly. Why would anyone want that?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
CNS, Gus, and Fisher are all smokescreens so UT can get Muschamp away from bowl prep to talk to him about the UT position. Oh, wait....

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't think UT forces Brown to step down without already having an accepted plan B in place. Now no one really truthfully has any idea who that may be. There are people pushing Saban's name, but it could be a whole laundry list of coaches. Saban is renown for not wanting to be interupted by "clutter" until he has coached his last game of the season. We had to wait on him to finish at Miami before we knew anything. The UT board of Regents meeting may put an end to all this speculation pretty quickly on Thursday one way or another.

If he leaves, so be it, If he stays great. He is one a the all great coaches in the game, but if he wants to leave his mark on the game like Bear did, he needs to stay put. He could be the John Wooden of college football here. At Texas it would take time to get everyone buying in on the process. At Alabama, the PTB leave him alone and let him do his job without interference. Texas has more egos to contend with there. He will have people similar to Jerry Jones meddling constantly. Why would anyone want that?
I have two work buddies who are both UT grads and huge fans. By their own admission the place is a mess and believe if Saban was allowed to see under the covers there he would run screaming from the building. They described the place as a "clown car".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.