JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey everybody, my cousin's ex-brother-in-law's cocker spaniel's lover is a reliable source, and she told me Saban was shaving his head and moving to Mt Sinai and becoming a monk.

It's a done deal!!!!

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013
10 mill, while a bogus figure, is still pocket change considering the amount CNS brings in.
This. Texas football pulled in ~$25 million in 2000. After Mack Brown's run, football was pulling $103 million in 2011. While I agree that 10 million is ridiculous, the revenue a good coach can generate nowadays is astounding. So much so that I don't $10 million salaries are that far off.

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham
No, not everything is an auburn conspiracy, CBS42 for example is owned by a major company called LIN media. They own stations across the country and the management is strictly controlled from corporate

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013
Well the author of the article is Jesus Shuttlesworth. If Jesus said it.......
Jesus actually has very good sources and has been spot on with 90% of his stuff. He nailed Deloss Dodds resigning a month before anyone. Even when the Texas athletic department denied it to the last minute. His site is exploding as he's blown away the competition with his reports.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
This. Texas football pulled in ~$25 million in 2000. After Mack Brown's run, football was pulling $103 million in 2011. While I agree that 10 million is ridiculous, the revenue a good coach can generate nowadays is astounding. So much so that I don't $10 million salaries are that far off.
I'm inclined to agree with you...but it's no skin off my back what they pay him. But like a good CEO, he has increased the revenue at Alabama as well. He has been a great investment. And money may lure him to Texas - who knows? But if so, it begs the question: What price do you put on your own integrity? If you want to be seen as a leader of young men, why would you lie to them and tell them you're staying at a place and then leave? That's Dennis Francione type stuff, and he's a loser. I think we expect better out of Nick Saban.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
this is all shaking out and resembles the Coach Fran departure IMO........ I think he is leaving. jmo
Sadly, I agree with you. There's way too much smoke for there to be no fire. I hope he proves me wrong.

However, if he's gonna go he needs to get on the plane or sign that contract.

Last edited:

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I agree. This is getting so stupid, it's getting annoying. I don't know what the hold up is...holding out for more money? Just ask for more money for God's sake! And I've decided there are some real head cases in Texas - some real crazy loons.
I find this post hilarious. It is about the way I feel. I agree it is almost a meltdown here with all the TX news. If he signs w/TX, so be it, and what he said all season was not the truth. If he stays with UA, sign the contract for as much money as he wants and finally put the rumors to rest. This is getting ridiculous. I am going to sleep!

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
I find this post hilarious. It is about the way I feel. I agree it is almost a meltdown here with all the TX news. If he signs w/TX, so be it, and what he said all season was not the truth. If he stays with UA, sign the contract for as much money as he wants and finally put the rumors to rest. This is getting ridiculous. I am going to sleep!
By the time we get to the end of this we might be of the opinion that Texas can just have him!

quixoft

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2013
But if so, it begs the question: What price do you put on your own integrity? If you want to be seen as a leader of young men, why would you lie to them and tell them you're staying at a place and then leave? That's Dennis Francione type stuff, and he's a loser. I think we expect better out of Nick Saban.
This is one point of view I don't really understand and disagree with. I don't know a single person that would tell their current employer and employees they are actively looking for another job. That would be just insane. I'm not sure what else he could do but lie to try and keep the current season stable and on track. I would think it would be far worse if he just suddenly checked out 8 games into this year's MNC run and said he was going elsewhere. Yes, that would be honesty but it would have destroyed Alabama's season. It's in human nature to lie about something to loved ones to prevent them from getting hurt.

It's a tough situation for anyone. I'm still skeptical and think he stays at Bama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.