JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
For what it's worth, the website for the Register of Deeds of Travis County, TX shows no record of any property being transferred to anyone named Nick, Nicholas, or Terry Saban (there are multiple grantees with the surname "Saban" but none remotely close to those three names).
Also, the Travis County Assessor has no Saban listings.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The thread on Shaggy Bevo is very funny. I would link, but they use some bad language.
I went to that site for the first time. I saw a thread called "Brown to announce retirement this week". The first post was in early November.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OK, this will grow faster than a Cam Newton megathread; I already can't find this info in 30 pages:
1) Are we disclosing what piece of information our Admin learned?
2) Other than Texas media rumors about a house purchase, what is the fact I'm seeing alluded to that made all this excitement. Something about a plane flight?
I'm rather certain the info about the plane doesn't have one thing to do with what Earle is concerned about. His concern was first mentioned last night.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm rather certain the info about the plane doesn't have one thing to do with what Earle is concerned about. His concern was first mentioned last night.
The plane stuff is the sheerest BS. Good Shaggy Bevo material. I'll be away from the computer this PM until late. Probably a good thing...

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
I was just going back over the Terry Saban article in the WSJ. She flat out said they're staying, reiterating it with "We're not going anywhere."

I bring that up because it's one thing for Coach to lie in a press conference where he's being hammered. They all lie in that situation. It's yet another for his wife (who, according to several sources, has impeccable integrity) to spell it out in so many words in an interview. That puts BOTH of their integrity on the line. It makes no sense to put yourself on the line THAT definitively if there's even a chance it's not true.

I don't know what's going on - I don't know if it's leverage for a better deal at Alabama and they've really intended to stay, or a serious consideration of the Texas job. I don't really know what to think.

First the Barn is playing in Pasadena, and now this craziness. Somebody shake me awake.

But if this all happens, Bama has been through worse. It's not fun and it's not easy, but this program has learned many lessons over the past 30 years.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I was just going back over the Terry Saban article in the WSJ. She flat out said they're staying, reiterating it with "We're not going anywhere."

I bring that up because it's one thing for Coach to lie in a press conference where he's being hammered. They all lie in that situation. It's yet another for his wife (who, according to several sources, has impeccable integrity) to spell it out in so many words in an interview. That puts BOTH of their integrity on the line. It makes no sense to put yourself on the line THAT definitively if there's even a chance it's not true.

I don't know what's going on - I don't know if it's leverage for a better deal at Alabama and they've really intended to stay, or a serious consideration of the Texas job. I don't really know what to think.

First the Barn is playing in Pasadena, and now this craziness. Somebody shake me awake.

But if this all happens, Bama has been through worse. It's not fun and it's not easy, but this program has learned many lessons over the past 30 years.
Has it, really? Have the Bill Battles of the world learned what they should have learned? I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.