JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
If it's about the pressure to win and maintain winning, does any rational person think he'll not feel an equal amount of pressure at UT?
Any top-level program expects to win… and pressure will be exerted on any coach that agrees to accept the job. However, if one isn't planning to coach for a substantial number of years, he could avoid the pressure which comes with the "maintenance" idea. This is what it might look to CNS. "For the next five years, do I want to endure the pressure that comes with bringing an established program back to life… or the pressure that comes with maintaining a level of success that has (arguably) once been enjoyed within the program?" Obviously, he's got much more experience in matters pertaining to the first option than the second… his comfort level? Don't know about that.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I would argue that the pressure might even be greater there. Oh, they'd give him time, but they're eager to be on top again and stay there...just like we were. Pressure to keep winning is inevitable. I would think, being the critical thinker that he is, he surely knows that. That's one reason I feel like he won't go.
What program like UT in America wouldn't relish having CNS come and rebuild their program… even if meant he'd only be there a certain number of years? I recall that when he came to UA, barners were saying, "He's only going to be at UA for a couple of years." Our response… "Even if he's here for only two years, our program will be better off." If you're believing CNS would face as much (or more) pressure at UT than here, you have to consider how many years would be involved. If it's 3-4 years, that's one thing. If it's 7-8 years, that's another thing entirely!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If it's about the pressure to win and maintain winning, does any rational person think he'll not feel an equal amount of pressure at UT?
Coach is so adamant about not being "results oriented" that I don't think pressure of winning has anything to do with it. He is high strung, works hard and expects a lot from those around him. So it may be that the expectations of others around him not being met that wear on him more than anything and that goes for players, fans and administrators.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Then maybe you should get out of the thread. You've made your point.
I'll do you one better, just delete me from the site. This place has become tiresome with all the "what is Coach Saban going to do threads and posts" year after year. And, the sad thing here, its being fueled by people who should know better.

As the old saying goes, "its been great, its been grand, but I've stood all I can stand". rtr

Roll Tide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll do you one better, just delete me from the site. This place has become tiresome with all the "what is Coach Saban going to do threads and posts" year after year. And, the sad thing here, its being fueled by people who should know better.

As the old saying goes, "its been great, its been grand, but I've stood all I can stand". rtr

Roll Tide
I'll see if we can grant you your request. I'll get with Earle and let him handle it from there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Coach is so adamant about not being "results oriented" that I don't think pressure of winning has anything to do with it. He is high strung, works hard and expects a lot from those around him. So it may be that the expectations of others around him not being met that wear on him more than anything and that goes for players, fans and administrators.
The pressure to win isn't as much a burden to people like Saban as the disappointment of failure. Now, was the Auburn game a failure because of the final score, or is there more to it? Think about Saban and his life philosophy. What caused the Auburn failure, and what can he do to avoid it in the future? It was not complacency - he has seen that before and knew exactly how to respond.

If the team has become a reflection of Saban, then Saban needs to figure out how to take the next step personally so he can get the team there. JMO, but I think that Saban is thinking of very different things than most assume. I seriously doubt that he is thinking about Texas.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Roll Tide
"Now don't be hasty, Master Meriadoc."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Don't let the door hit ya'…

And don't post in this thread again.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Instead of just NOT CLICKING on a thread and just not reading it, why do people feel the need to come to a thread that's getting on their nerves and make comments? I'll never understand that.
That is what I have been thinking. It is always funny to me to see people complain about a thread, but commenting on it constantly. I have enjoyed reading all of the different takes on what is going on behind the scenes. Kind of like a good movie.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The pressure to win isn't as much a burden to people like Saban as the disappointment of failure. Now, was the Auburn game a failure because of the final score, or is there more to it? Think about Saban and his life philosophy. What caused the Auburn failure, and what can he do to avoid it in the future? It was not complacency - he has seen that before and knew exactly how to respond.

If the team has become a reflection of Saban, then Saban needs to figure out how to take the next step personally so he can get the team there. JMO, but I think that Saban is thinking of very different things than most assume. I seriously doubt that he is thinking about Texas.
I don't consider the Auburn game a failure. They won the game pure and simple. Now, he may have looked emotionally drained after the game but the dude was coaching his butt off. And what happened the next day? Coach hits the recruiting trail and secures the verbal from a bigtime CB out of Louisiana. I don't know, Saban knows who he is and what he wants. Mal brought him here and knew exactly how to keep him happy. Now, someone needs to take charge and figure out exactly what coach needs and how to give it to him and any problem would be solved. Just give the man what he wants.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I agree; He is the best in the business without a doubt. You can't ever get him back if he leaves. If you can't do anything to keep him, that's one thing; but if there is something, then do it. Just look at the 10 years preceding him, and see the struggles in the future by a bad hire. You would wish then you could do something different about the situation today, but it will be too late.
I don't consider the Auburn game a failure. They won the game pure and simple. Now, he may have looked emotionally drained after the game but the dude was coaching his butt off. And what happened the next day? Coach hits the recruiting trail and secures the verbal from a bigtime CB out of Louisiana. I don't know, Saban knows who he is and what he wants. Mal brought him here and knew exactly how to keep him happy. Now, someone needs to take charge and figure out exactly what coach needs and how to give it to him and any problem would be solved. Just give the man what he wants.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What happens is obviously out of my hands.

I'll just hope that the PTB at the University of Alabama are doing everything within reason to reassure and compensate CNS so he'll want to stay.

But, if for some reason he chooses otherwise, despite what will be our collective groaning, I offer you this small amound of comfort: LSU's success after CNS left with Miles at the wheel.:wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't consider the Auburn game a failure.
I think that Saban probably does. Not the result, but the execution - time and time again. Somewhere there was a failure on a pretty massive scale, because Alabama was/is 17-21 points better than Auburn and lost by 6. That didn't happen on the last play of the game, that 20+ point swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.