Will ESPN retire Corso?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I think it is evident they are lessening his time on the set. I think that will continue but they will bring him out for the head gear.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I know he had a stroke and they are being "gentle" allowing him to continue to work, but they need to have a real talk with him...he can't do it any more.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's sad if you're like me and can remember him from 1992. He was always witty and funny but back then his analysis was always very good even if you disagreed. Now he's like the senile uncle who interrupts every family conversation with an anecdote and long-winded drone about something that happened in WW2 that everybody has heard a thousand times.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I think it is evident they are lessening his time on the set. I think that will continue but they will bring him out for the head gear.
This. Give him the information he needs and help him generate his presentation. Slip on the head gear near the end of the broadcast. I actually feel sorry for the guy at this point. He wants to continue, I get that, but he has to know he's embarrassing himself and the network as well.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I like Corso and think the head gear stuff is hilarious. I just feel incredibly bad for him because you can tell he gets frustrated when he starts slurring. It's past the point of him being able to help it now though and it creates some awkward/embarrassing moments for the show...

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
In 92 he said Alabama looked like a high school team coming into the NC game. He ate serious crow on that one for a long while from Alabama fans.. I was at the Miami game and I heard talk everywhere about Corso saying we didn't stand a chance. OF course most of the media was in agreement. But we knew better because we have been watching our D all year...and we knew we had a running game. I've come to like Corso over the years, although I didn't in 92. I also agree that it is brutal to watch him on the set now--- sad, but he deserves to play a roll on Gameday as long as he can stand up....IMO

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.