"Missouri has the best defensive line in our conference."- Nick Saban

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
On college game day when talking about how Mizzoo would slow down Auburn's offense. Coach said he felt that Mizzoo had the best chance because they have the best defensive line in the conference.

I believe he was being honest and I agree with him in that I definitely do not think our dline is the best. I can't help but believe that we will see some definite changes in either type of personnel and/or approach in scheme to change the fact that our defensive line has problems getting pressure in the backfield.

Espncritic99

Suspended
Dec 6, 2013
yeah the D does a great job i think they can stop the run but Au may have pixie dust and float on top of the lineman

Sent from The Espn radio room

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I think Missouri's defensive line is best suited to stop the HUNH offense. Though could struggle against a traditional pro style power game. But their pass rush and front seven speed is the key to attacking the spread and similar offenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think we will see a move to quicker, smaller fronts in our future. Though not as small as Missouri and LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we move away from instructing our DT's to eat up blocks and actually try to get in the backfield. Much like a Warren Sapp. Now, before I get hammered for that statement I understand Warren Sapp type players aren't easy to find but there are DT's out there who are better at pushing up field and causing disruption rather than eating up blocks. I still believe our best shot and slowing down these HUNH offenses is to penetrate the backfield and throw off the timing.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think they are very strong from tackle to tackle. But when the Barn goes wide with all those run/pass options, I'm not sure even they will stop that.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I think Saban is a great evaluator of talent, especially when it comes to defense. I'll take his word for it. I haven't seen much of Mizzou this year anyway. Most of the early part of the season, they seemed to be flying under the radar.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
LB's have to make plays, and Mizzou's LB's are the weakest position on their d

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
AU had 393 total yards, and 296 yards rushing against us. They have 376 total yards 281 yards rushing at halftime.

Our defense did enough to win that game.
And is why most feel we are still the best team in America. There are so many moments in the last half that you might as well not boggle your mind with it. A good reason to move on to the 4 then 8 team playoff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.