Game Thread: Missouri vs The Cows: SEC Championship

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You can just feel it coming. Something squirrelly is gonna happen where either OSU or both FSU & OSU get upset. Either way these jokers will sneak in the game. With everything that's happened you just know it's coming unfortunately.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
And we actually tried to establish a running game, to help control the time of possession, which helps to keep The Barns offense off the field, which is actually the best defense against Malzahn' s offense..
This game is why IMO, the book is still out on CGM. When you're hc, you're hc of the whole team...not just the offensive half. AU had 500 yards rushing after three quarters, and the game is still close. Is CGM an offensive guru? Sure, but until AU learns to play defense, they'll be a perennial 8-9 win team. Every once and awhile they may have a season like this one. But they've been the recipient of several breaks this year and a lot of " unforced errors". Without those they're probably 8-4. Out scoring people doesn't make you a good hc...ask Kevin Sumlin how having no defense worked out. If Will Muschamp is ultimately responsible for UF's poor offensive showing, Malzahn is ultimately responsible for the AU d.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You can just feel it coming. Something squirrelly is gonna happen where either OSU or both FSU & OSU get upset. Either way these jokers will sneak in the game. With everything that's happened you just know it's coming unfortunately.
Yep. I don't think I've ever seen more improbable things happen in one teams favor than this years Auburn team and I can guarantee you they'll end up in the title game. Yes, you can feel it coming.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This game is why IMO, the book is still out on CGM. When you're hc, you're hc of the whole team...not just the offensive half. AU had 500 yards rushing after three quarters, and the game is still close. Is CGM an offensive guru? Sure, but until AU learns to play defense, they'll be a perennial 8-9 win team. Every once and awhile they may have a season like this one. But they've been the recipient of several breaks this year and a lot of " unforced errors". Without those they're probably 8-4. Out scoring people doesn't make you a good hc...ask Kevin Sumlin how having no defense worked out. If Will Muschamp is ultimately responsible for UF's poor offensive showing, Malzahn is ultimately responsible for the AU d.
He just coached the team to a 12-1 record, the SEC championship, and the #3 (at least) ranking. He has been successful at every level (HS, SEC OC, Tulsa OC, Arky St HC, and AU HC) so to question the fact that Gus Malzahn is a darn good coach is ignoring reality.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep. I don't think I've ever seen more improbable things happen in one teams favor than this years Auburn team and I can guarantee you they'll end up in the title game. Yes, you can feel it coming.
2010 was pretty close. that fumble by ingram that rolled right down the field without ever bouncing out of bounds was sheer luck

but yeah, more of the "i can't believe that actually happened" stuff this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.