Gary and Verne

Bama Prof

Jul 18, 2012
They suck, as we all know, but I have never watched a more lopsided called game in my entire life.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Uncle Verne is fine but I can't stand to listen to Danielson. Maybe I'll start a thread Danielson should retire. :wink:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Sorry but I think Verne and Gary are the second best announcer duo on tv next to Blackledge and the-other-guy-whose-name-I-can't-think-of-at-the-moment. Gary really gets into the game and I actually think he is a better analyst than Blackledge but Blackledge has a better voice and personality. But I really enjoy Danielson. Herbstreit is pretty good too. Verne has actually grown on me. I don't think the criticism he receives is justified. I think he is a very good play-by-play guy. The quality of broadcasting has gone down in recent years and the SEC on CBS is the best broadcast every weekend, IMHO. ESPN's prime time game is a close second. ABC gets too caught up in things like emimen (sp?) and I can't stand Musberger. Fox feels too much like a NFL broadcast which just doesn't work for me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry but I think Verne and Gary are the second best announcer duo on tv next to Blackledge and the-other-guy-whose-name-I-can't-think-of-at-the-moment. Gary really gets into the game and I actually think he is a better analyst than Blackledge but Blackledge has a better voice and personality. But I really enjoy Danielson. Herbstreit is pretty good too. Verne has actually grown on me. I don't think the criticism he receives is justified. I think he is a very good play-by-play guy. The quality of broadcasting has gone down in recent years and the SEC on CBS is the best broadcast every weekend, IMHO. ESPN's prime time game is a close second. ABC gets too caught up in things like emimen (sp?) and I can't stand Musberger. Fox feels too much like a NFL broadcast which just doesn't work for me.
Nessler. I think V&D just jump on the offensive bandwagon. If Verne retires, next in line is Brando, and anyone who's followed Brando's interviews, tweets (especially!) and articles knows exactly how he feels about Bama. IOW, careful what you wish for...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Totally agree.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Think V&D are bad? Think back to Matt Millen calling our games earlier in the year. Or think about some of the other guys ESPN has calling games.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Nessler. I think V&D just jump on the offensive bandwagon. If Verne retires, next in line is Brando, and anyone who's followed Brando's interviews, tweets (especially!) and articles knows exactly how he feels about Bama. IOW, careful what you wish for...
^^This. I like Gus Johnson and Charles Davis on Fox. Davis gives great analysis and Gus Johnson is great especially in close games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Gary has had his moments of out right saying Saban cheats. I think that was last season. What makes me turn the volume off is Gary's very presumtuous and matter of fact he comes off. Verne. Well I'm not sure what Verne is doing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.