Poll: Who Do You PREFER to Win: Barn or FSU?

Barn or FSU?

• Barn

Votes: 53 23.0%
  • FSU

Votes: 177 77.0%

• Total voters

The Sabanator

Dec 1, 2013
On the other hand, this is Auburn. Oh well, we had our chances. Either way, I'm going to be sick, especially knowing how close we were. At least this time if the barn wins, it's legit (compared to the sCam they got away with a few years ago).
It's not legit. They're just as dirty as they ever were. Lowder's still in charge. The boosters are still doing what they've always done. Money is still flowing freely.

The only difference this time is that another school doesn't have the information to come forward, as Mississippi State did with Scam Newton, or there's no modern day Eric Ramsey to get upset and bring forward evidence. And least not yet...

The Sabanator

Dec 1, 2013
Do the math.
We win + Noles win = We finish ranked above aubie.
We win + Aubie win = We don't finish ranked above aubie or possibly, the Noles either.
:)
Aubie's not going to lose. If FSU is favored, bet the house on those lucksters. If Aubie is favored you should be able to buy enough points to bet on those lucksters at an even pick. But don't bet on Aubie unless you do that, because if you bet on them to have to win by two, they'll win by one point.

But definitely bet on Aubie.

B

BroadwayJoe777

I ended up voting for FSU. Under no circumstance could I ever root for Auburn.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not sure how you manage, especially this time of year??
Feel for me too. My wife is a Barner, and so are both my children. I partially blame the Dubose, Fran, and Shula eras. But mostly blame my failure in parenting. (Just kidding)

As far as the matchup, after 1972 and "Punt Bama Punt", I've never pulled for Auburn. This will be no different.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Somewhere in the deepest, darkest, remotest areas of your minds, lurking in nooks and crannies seldom seen, there must be a certain sense of pride that the state of Alabama will be represented in the NCG for the 5th straight year, and possibly obtain, for the 5th straight year, the crystal trophy. Even if it has to be that hated rival you call the Barn, that zany team that chooses to step up its game in 2010 when you have an off year, and who God Himself seems to favor this year. There's got to be some pride that no has breached that iron curtain. I'm glad I can say that our team (in 2010) was one of the armies at the gates that nearly made it all the way, and that we had a role to play in that history, however small that role may have been. You all play great football in your state and continue to set the standard. Cheers.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Dear lord,this is like Satan vs Hitler.I can't think of two more sleazebag programs.As much as i loathe the barn i just can't pull for a program that covered up for a would-be felon.I don't think i could stomach even watching this game.What a lousy year in college football.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Au is going to win...to me JW is a slightly better Jordan Jefferson and au will make him make faces. Just wish the Heisman was after the bowl games.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
After watching the Florida State's Attorney go on national TV and prostitute himself and his office to a rapist and Forced Sex U. for the sake of winning a football game, no way can I root for the 'noles. I can't stand the barn, but I hate rapists even more. After a good deal of thought, I have to come down on the side of the barn.
That at least will bring the SEC yet another BCSNC title.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I am thinking this is going to play out a lot like how Georgia Tech does in bowls. Given this amount of time to prepare for their offense I think FSU shuts them down. Everyone thinks Gus is the most brilliant offensive genius of all time when all I see is a team that runs a unique offense that is difficulty to prepare for much like a triple option. After everything played out like it did with Auburn playing Missouri I think this offers a best case scenario of sorts to me, the SEC streak can not go on forever and what better team to end it than Auburn. That will be one legacy of theirs I can celebrate.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Somewhere in the deepest, darkest, remotest areas of your minds, lurking in nooks and crannies seldom seen, there must be a certain sense of pride that the state of Alabama will be represented in the NCG for the 5th straight year, and possibly obtain, for the 5th straight year, the crystal trophy. Even if it has to be that hated rival you call the Barn, that zany team that chooses to step up its game in 2010 when you have an off year, and who God Himself seems to favor this year. There's got to be some pride that no has breached that iron curtain. I'm glad I can say that our team (in 2010) was one of the armies at the gates that nearly made it all the way, and that we had a role to play in that history, however small that role may have been. You all play great football in your state and continue to set the standard. Cheers.

There's no "possibly" in this scenario. I see FSU having almost ZERO chance against the Barn. Look, the SEC prepares you for this type of battle and speed even agaist our worst team. FSU will likely be down 3 scores before they get their sea legs. How did ND fare? UT? Y'all did best because I feel the Pac 12 is the closest to resembling the SEC in terms of depth but the ACC? Please.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Neither team but after the rape debacle and seeing Meggs giggling at that press conference... I have to cheer for Barns in this one. Won't be watching the game though.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I hope FSU wins on a last second on side kick, pick six, fumble return, " something" to give the barn a dose of the jagged pills I've had to swallow in the last three weeks. I care absolutely nothing about keeping the crystal ball in state or in the SEC if it means the barn gets it.

GO 'NOLES!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.