My guess on next years Sec and top ten rankings

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Just looking forward to next year with all of the QBs leaving and what it will mean for the Sec and the rest of college football thought I'd put a ranking out there and see what yall think.

Sec East Sec West
Mizzu Au
Vandy Bama
S.C. lsu
GA ole miss
Fl Texas A&m
Tn Miss St
KY Ark

Bama has a lot of guys coming back offensively and should be better on that side of the ball. How Bama finishes will depending QB play.

Top Ten
Fsu
Au
Mich St
Ohio St
Mizzu
Baylor
Stanford
Bama
Ok St
Oregon

RdunawayTX

3rd Team
Sep 24, 2011
Bama behind Baylor, Stanford, and Missou in the Top 10? Mich State ranked that high? Seriously? lol.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Just looking forward to next year with all of the QBs leaving and what it will mean for the Sec and the rest of college football thought I'd put a ranking out there and see what yall think.

Sec East Sec West
Mizzu Au
Vandy Bama
S.C. lsu
GA ole miss
Fl Texas A&m
Tn Miss St
KY Ark

Bama has a lot of guys coming back offensively and should be better on that side of the ball. How Bama finishes will depending QB play.

Top Ten
Fsu
Au
Mich St
Ohio St
Mizzu
Baylor
Stanford
Bama
Ok St
Oregon

I think all that should be in blue text.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Sec East Sec West
Mizzu Au
Vandy Bama
S.C. lsu
GA ole miss
Fl Texas A&m
Tn Miss St
KY Ark

Top Ten
Fsu
Au
Mich St
Ohio St
Mizzu
Baylor
Stanford
Bama
Ok St
Oregon
Your orange is showing.:)

Last edited:

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Just remember, you Barners predicted a repeat after the 2010 season. Missouri and the Barn will both have a huge dropoff next season, and your team will return to the irrelevance it deserves.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A prediction from someone who has 3 post and joined last month that has the Barn ranked higher than Bama next year?

While the premise might be true, especially if the Barners win the NC, Bama won't be far behind in the predictions and it's doubtful we'll be outside the top 5.

Problem is no Bama fan wants to hear about this right now and your timing is highly suspect!!!

B

BroadwayJoe777

If we had an experienced QB coming back, I would agree with a top 5 ranking, however, we don't have anyone close to that. Please don't even bring up Blake Sims.
If Marshall and that greased pig running back come back, I would rank the Barn higher simply on QB experience.

Last edited:

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Thanks for the serious posts....I like how you guys disrespect people by assuming something. If you read my post I said it all depends on how Bama does at Qb. Au beat Bama WITH Aj and are number two, not sure why its hard to believe that they could do it again WITHOUT him. This is a preseason ranking and not an end of year ranking.

As far as all the au crap Ive named my dogs after Bama and Bear. My kids are Bama fans (I raised them right).I was lucky enough to see the Bear win his 315 and his last game vs Illinois in a bowl game. None of that means I can't look at a situation objectively. I know a lot of people on here thought Bama would wipe the floor with au, and it pains me that Bama was only a play or two away from winning, I didn't see that happening. I knew it would be a close game especially if Bama made the mistakes that they did make.

Perhaps instead of looking at my post count you actually look at what my posts were before judging people. And then perhaps you can add something to this thread.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Considering the fact that we lose C.J., A.J., and several others, while AU seems to return a lot, I would think that AU will definitely start the season ranked ahead of us. I can't see Missouri ahead of us, but I also would never have predicted that two teams with 0-8 and either 2-6 or 3-5 SEC records one year would be playing for the title the next. I think the quality is diluted when teams start beating each other 50-40 because the game is more like 7-on-7 flag football instead of anything that I call football. If no one can figure out a way to keep AU from running for 300 yards a game, it will be tough to beat them. I think our defense will be solid next year, but we will have to wait and see if it will be great.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If we had an experienced QB coming back, I would agree with a top 5 ranking, however, we don't have anyone close to that. Please don't even bring up Blake Sims.
If Marshall and that greased pig running back come back, I would rank the Barn higher simply on QB experience.
Greg McElroy wasn't proven in 2009.
AJ McCarron wasn't proven in 2011.

No proven QB in 2014.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
AU's defense which is already awful gets decimated and they lose a chunk of their Oline and we know how that goes. We'll see but I'd say our schedule favors us as does our depth. I think we'll be better than some give us credit for. Remember, our qbs are only game managers after all ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks for the serious posts....I like how you guys disrespect people by assuming something. If you read my post I said it all depends on how Bama does at Qb. Au beat Bama WITH Aj and are number two, not sure why its hard to believe that they could do it again WITHOUT him. This is a preseason ranking and not an end of year ranking.

As far as all the au crap Ive named my dogs after Bama and Bear. My kids are Bama fans (I raised them right).I was lucky enough to see the Bear win his 315 and his last game vs Illinois in a bowl game. None of that means I can't look at a situation objectively. I know a lot of people on here thought Bama would wipe the floor with au, and it pains me that Bama was only a play or two away from winning, I didn't see that happening. I knew it would be a close game especially if Bama made the mistakes that they did make.

Perhaps instead of looking at my post count you actually look at what my posts were before judging people. And then perhaps you can add something to this thread.
You've been a member for less than a month. You have 7 posts. You make a post with Auburn ranked higher than Alabama next season. What do you expect folks to say?

That's textbook AU trolling.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The QB situation will work itself out. I say that because history tells me it will. There are several capable players on the sidelines that just haven't been on the field yet. CNS also knows how to protect a QB while he grows. What was put on AJ and GMac at the start of their careers and what they were doing by the end of their first season starting were vastly different. GMac torched UF and AJ torched the Who's. Coach Nuss is also excellent at developing QB's. We will be fine. The possibility of the Coker kid transferring just gives another good option. Alot of people are real high on his talent. Mel Kiper being one of them. I don't always agree with him, but he is a big name in the evaluation game. This leads me to believe Bama will be just fine in 2014. The playoff system gives some room for error, not much but a little.

Ole Siss on Oct 4th is the first game that I think could be a real challenge. It is at their place, but it would be the 5th game. That would give a new starter some time to breathe and grow a little. I see a top 10 ranking as a sure thing. I see the top five as a pretty good bet too. If Coker transfers in and people are high on him it would put us in the top 5 no problem.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I expect the "experts" to have AU ranked higher than Alabama to start the season. Is Jay Prosch the only player they lose on offense?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.