Think fundamentals don't matter?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
How about the snap count? Anything more fundamental than that?

Well, in spite of all our mistakes against the boogs, bad passes, dropped passes, sloppy tackles, stupid penalties, etc. We could be the team going to Pasadena if at several points in the game we could have not gotten a false start penalty. A simple little 5 yard penalty for not knowing or forgetting the snap count.

We could be preparing to play for #16 if we could have eliminated JUST ONE.

It's enough to drive you crazy.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Thats what I kept thinking as I watched au fumble 3 times in the first half and fsu qb play look awful at times. Bama beats both Mizzu and fsu.

Was thinking this morning that maybe the Ironbowl may have been the National Championship game.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
How about the snap count? Anything more fundamental than that?

Well, in spite of all our mistakes against the boogs, bad passes, dropped passes, sloppy tackles, stupid penalties, etc. We could be the team going to Pasadena if at several points in the game we could have not gotten a false start penalty. A simple little 5 yard penalty for not knowing or forgetting the snap count.

We could be preparing to play for #16 if we could have eliminated JUST ONE.

It's enough to drive you crazy.
The false start penalty on the FG that we missed caused us to get the next one blocked.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Bama lost that game more than *u won it. That was about an uncharacteristic game I have seen under CNS since the 'process' was fully implemented and supposedly bought into by the team. Were they too tight, tense, cocky, arrogant? I don't know but, imo, Bama is the better team, and should still be the one going to Pasadena to face Forced Sex University. But then again, my opinion and a Dollar still will barely get a Burger from the Dollar menu.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bama lost that game more than *u won it. That was about an uncharacteristic game I have seen under CNS since the 'process' was fully implemented and supposedly bought into by the team. Were they too tight, tense, cocky, arrogant? I don't know but, imo, Bama is the better team, and should still be the one going to Pasadena to face Forced Sex University. But then again, my opinion and a Dollar still will barely get a Burger from the Dollar menu.
I agree with the exception of the cocky arrogant part, I did not see that at all. But AJ was off the receivers were off, no Drake.
They were just so tight, no one was having fun, even when we got up by 14.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
One of the very first steps in winning is not beating yourself. We made mistakes, and then Aubie made plays when they had a chance.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
OR if Georgia knocks down that hail mary, we would have still gone to the SEC Championship even with the loss and be playing for the National Championship with a 12-1 record.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
AJ did start slow but then he got on especially late. It was more a case of mental errors at critical times, not running Drake, and having a game plan that wasn't the greatest(running with 11 guys in the box, etc).

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
It can drive you nuts for sure. It's like Coach Saban always says - Do YOUR job and everything else will take care of itself. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones which cost you the most. If this drives US nuts, imagine how it affects the guys who played...and made the mistakes.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
Today, more than the days of the past week, I have not felt good at all as the news rolls in of AU vs FSU in Pasadena in Jan. I truly feel we deserve to be in the game. If we had lost more than one game like 2010, it would be easier to handle, but we beat ourselves like others have said above in the AU game. We can be so much better than the game reflected. I truly feel AU played their best though. That is what is so sad.

I was reading something on the net last night and a TN fan stated though he almost wanted to throw up with his own statment (LOL), he felt Alabama was the best team in the nation. He said if it were not for two lucky things that happened in the last minute of the GA game and in our case, last second of UA game, AU would not have gone to the SEC CH. Many others have agreed. Lou Holtz on Football Final added that he thought we were the better team over AU and should be going to Pasadena, as well. They expressed that it would be very bitter for Alabama and it really is bitter.

Well, it is probably the hardest loss I will remember for a very long time. I feel sure the returning players will not forget this game and how they felt with the loss, as they go through the next season.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I agree with the exception of the cocky arrogant part, I did not see that at all. But AJ was off the receivers were off, no Drake.
They were just so tight, no one was having fun, even when we got up by 14.
I wonder sometimes if because Coach Saban is wound so tight that it rubs off on the players. AU played offense and defense with reckless abandon against us and Mizzou. They know they don't have a good defense but they don't care. They figure their offense will bail them out.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
OR if Georgia knocks down that hail mary, we would have still gone to the SEC Championship even with the loss and be playing for the National Championship with a 12-1 record.
I don't think the goobs would have been pumped up enough to beat us had UGA either knocked the ball down or just let it fall to the ground. The AU receiver was nowhere near the ball. All the UGA defensive backs had to do was leave it alone. Makes you wonder it they're destined for another unbelievable win against FSU.

drjohn432

1st Team
Nov 28, 1999
mobile
I don't think the goobs would have been pumped up enough to beat us had UGA either knocked the ball down or just let it fall to the ground. The AU receiver was nowhere near the ball. All the UGA defensive backs had to do was leave it alone. Makes you wonder it they're destined for another unbelievable win against FSU.
my thoughts exactly, will put $ on AU; now if i can just get my bookie out of jail…

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
my thoughts exactly, will put $ on AU; now if i can just get my bookie out of jail…
If I were betting on the game, no way would i.e. put money on the booger eaters to beat the Criminals, I would put my money on The Criminals to beat the booger eaters..Depending on the line that is..

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
It's hard, and probably foolish and very nit-picky, to critique or criticize CNS or his staff for anything. Granted even just ONE of the 3 missed FG prior to the final play vs. Auburn wins the Iron Bowl. Having said that, go to the 1:04 mark of this video where Denver attempts (and makes!) a 64 yard field goal.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294806/Week-14-Titans-vs-Broncos-highlights

Notice how the Denver players fire off the line after the ball is kicked and fan out like they are covering a kickoff. Tenn. had a player back under the goalpost for a possible return. Denver smartly played to cover a return.

Bama did NOT do this on the fateful final kick of the Iron Bowl. A fundamental mistake you will probably never see a Saban coached team make again.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Coach Saban always talks about the pain of discipline versus the pain of disappointment. This last IB is the perfect example of feeling that pain of disappointment.

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
It's hard, and probably foolish and very nit-picky, to critique or criticize CNS or his staff for anything. Granted even just ONE of the 3 missed FG prior to the final play vs. Auburn wins the Iron Bowl. Having said that, go to the 1:04 mark of this video where Denver attempts (and makes!) a 64 yard field goal.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294806/Week-14-Titans-vs-Broncos-highlights

Notice how the Denver players fire off the line after the ball is kicked and fan out like they are covering a kickoff. Tenn. had a player back under the goalpost for a possible return. Denver smartly played to cover a return.

Bama did NOT do this on the fateful final kick of the Iron Bowl. A fundamental mistake you will probably never see a Saban coached team make again.
I noticed that as well when I saw it happen. How much do you want to bet that if the Iron Bowl miracle never happened, then Denver's lineman would've done what we did? The entire country saw it and now all coaches are not going to let that happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.