Au more scared of playing Bama or fsu?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Sure wish Bama would get another shot at au. I would imagine that if that had happened you would hear a lot of au fans sound like the lsu fans when Bama got another shot at them. Think they would rather play fsu than Bama.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sure wish Bama would get another shot at au. I would imagine that if that had happened you would hear a lot of au fans sound like the lsu fans when Bama got another shot at them. Think they would rather play fsu than Bama.
I think in their more candid (and lucid) moments, Barn fans would agree. They'd much rather face FSU than Bama Round 2.
Unfortunately, most times, you get one swing of the bat. Bama played their worst game of the year in the most important game of the year, now they have to watch those bumbling fools from the Plains win another national championship (and I hate to say it, but the Barn luck will rear its head again and they will beat FSU). It sucks, but that is the lay of the land. Next time (and forever thereafter), Tide players, make the Barn game your best game of the year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Unfortunately, most times, you get one swing of the bat. Bama played their worst game of the year in the most important game of the year,
Third year in a row we've played a team we should beat and lost (two to first year coaches), got lucky the previous two years to get another shot. Frustrating to play that lousy against teams that can't touch the talent level we have on the field...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think in their more candid (and lucid) moments, Barn fans would agree. They'd much rather face FSU than Bama Round 2.
Unfortunately, most times, you get one swing of the bat. Bama played their worst game of the year in the most important game of the year, now they have to watch those bumbling fools from the Plains win another national championship (and I hate to say it, but the Barn luck will rear its head again and they will beat FSU). It sucks, but that is the lay of the land. Next time (and forever thereafter), Tide players, make the Barn game your best game of the year.
I agree...if Bama is going to lose one game a year, I would even rather be to the who's or the orange puke, at this point, for one reason; Bama plays them earlier in the season and has a better chance to overcome the loss; lose in the last game of the year, nothing you can do. I would much rather prefer a loss to ol spit, starkers or even vandy or ky. But not to the barn, and especially not in the last game of the year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Third year in a row we've played a team we should beat and lost (two to first year coaches), got lucky the previous two years to get another shot. Frustrating to play that lousy against teams that can't touch the talent level we have on the field...
I think maybe we need to take the reigns off that talent a bit and turn them loose!
As far as the OP, nobody would rather play Bama than somebody else, although I think Auburn matches up well against FSU.
If the game was next week I'd pick Auburn hands down because they are as hot as a firecracker right now.
The layoff is going to hurt them more than FSU.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't see them beating FSU. The Noles have NFLers all over the field.
On paper you are absolutely right.

You watch, though. an Auburn punt will hit a FSU player, bounce right to a Barn player, heading toward the end zone, hit him in stride as he scoots into the endzone.

A Winston pass will hit an FSU player in the head, and bounce into the arms of a Barn player who wasn't even looking at the play, but who happens to be the only player running that direction (because he thought the play was over and was heading to the sidelines early for a Gatorade) and he will run it in for a pick-6.
Etc.
Etc.

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
I'd rather play OSU, but I think we've got as good a chance as FSU to win. And while I know most of you will be pulling for FSU I hope you stomp a hole in the Sooners and shut Stoops mouth about the SEC.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I doubt Auburn's scared of playing anyone. They are playing almost magical, charmed football right now. Their offense is simple and one-dimensional and yet damn near unstoppable. And now it's all right in front of them for the taking. I sure wouldn't bet against them to win it all.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I'd rather play OSU, but I think we've got as good a chance as FSU to win. And while I know most of you will be pulling for FSU I hope you stomp a hole in the Sooners and shut Stoops mouth about the SEC.
Auburn has about a 20% chance on paper but they have a 50% chance on grass.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know there will be multiple threads and volumes written discussing the NC game in the weeks to come, but IMO FSU is vastly overrated and has been all year. While FSU may have more talent on paper than au (not sure au's talent is as inferior as most on here seem to think) I honestly believe au will win in another game where the defenses stay at home.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I don't think the booger eaters are scared of either teams..I don't like to say this,but, the booger eaters are on a tear right now & prolly could out score any team in the country with their offense..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I doubt Auburn's scared of playing anyone. They are playing almost magical, charmed football right now. Their offense is simple and one-dimensional and yet damn near unstoppable. And now it's all right in front of them for the taking. I sure wouldn't bet against them to win it all.
i agree with this. of all the myriad things that auburn lacks, confidence is not one of them

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
AUs offensive scheme is crazy good. What scares me is that they are doing it with 3*'s. It reminds me of Leach's offense. When TT first started they made noise but once big time receivers and QB's started committing, that team was amazing to watch. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I do think we should have won, but for some reason UA didn't come to play. Just imagine what would have happened had AU been stacked on offense with 5*'s.

Anyways, I think that AU has a good chance against FSU. I think FSU will be able to slow them down, and that Saban will likely help Jimbo (maybe, no idea if the sec rules would allow that). If AU was more of a passing offense I'd give it to FSU. But with so much run, I'm not so sure.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
AUs offensive scheme is crazy good. What scares me is that they are doing it with 3*'s. It reminds me of Leach's offense. When TT first started they made noise but once big time receivers and QB's started committing, that team was amazing to watch. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I do think we should have won, but for some reason UA didn't come to play. Just imagine what would have happened had AU been stacked on offense with 5*'s.

Anyways, I think that AU has a good chance against FSU. I think FSU will be able to slow them down, and that Saban will likely help Jimbo (maybe, no idea if the sec rules would allow that). If AU was more of a passing offense I'd give it to FSU. But with so much run, I'm not so sure.
texas tech wasn't that amazing to watch in the 2006 cotton bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.