We Need To Make A Statement In 2013 Sugar Bowl

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
In racing they often say the fastest car don't always win the race. One could also say that the best team don't always win the championship. We just picked the wrong night to show up flat.I hope we come out ready to punch OU in the mouth,play Alabama Football,and make a statement that we are still the best team in college football.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
....and we will.

I would not like to be the team that will play against us in the Sugar Bowl.

The entire Bama nation is mad. Could you imagine the players....

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
It would be great if this team goes out in a blaze of glory. Coach Belichick once said losing leaves a bad taste in your mouth - the only way to get it out is to win again.

I predict one of two outcomes: Either the team won't be over their disappointment, and we will get a repeat of our last Sugar Bowl visit, or they will come out mad as hornets and kick butt like the team did against MSU. No in between.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I do not think this will be a repeat of the 2009 sugar bowl. As everyone might recall, there was the Andre Smith early departure that was a huge dynamic leading right up to that game.

We are playing a 10-2 opponent that(except of late in big games) has a great bowl tradition of their own and will give us their best shot. We need forward momentum going into the spring and Coach Saban will instill that into the players. I also sense there is a bit of a friendly rivalry between Nick and Bob(this will be the 10th anniversary of their meeting for the NC in 2004). We also want to send AJ and the other seniors out as winners. A lot to play for in this bowl game, and I think there is a very good chance we could win big.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It would be great if this team goes out in a blaze of glory. Coach Belichick once said losing leaves a bad taste in your mouth - the only way to get it out is to win again.

I predict one of two outcomes: Either the team won't be over their disappointment, and we will get a repeat of our last Sugar Bowl visit, or they will come out mad as hornets and kick butt like the team did against MSU. No in between.
My feeling as well. I think we'll get one of the two extremes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Win by a point and no one will care. You just can't lose, and I don't think for a second that you will. Then begins the hunt for the next championship.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
And as fans we need to bring it as well.Not just be there sitting on our hands.We know New Orleans is almost a home game for us.Let's make it sound like one!I was there when the Utes put it to us.I was also there when we dismantled Sparty in the Cap One.I would love for us to show up like we did in Orlando.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I hope AJ and CJ and others finish off their Bama careers with a bang! They have been such a great class.

UnnamedSooner

Dec 8, 2013
McKinney, TX
Hello Alabama fans. Sooner fan here that is excited about the match up. I was in Norman when you guys visited in 2002, and everyone I met was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I just purchased my Sugar Bowl tickets last night and looking forward to talking about football and the game leading up. I'm hoping for a good game and that both teams show up. You guys have set the standard for excellence in college football, and I know our team is looking forward to the challenge. There is nothing but respect from Sooner fans to Bama fans, there is a lot a tradition between the two teams!

soonerboy_ODN

Dec 7, 2008
... and I hope that statement reads something like, "Since Saban and Stoops seem to have a good relationship, that's probably why Saban let up off the gas pedal and kept the score reasonable at 31-14."

Though only God knows how the heck we could score 14 against your defense... must've returned a punt or kickoff for a TD...

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Hello Alabama fans. Sooner fan here that is excited about the match up. I was in Norman when you guys visited in 2002, and everyone I met was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I just purchased my Sugar Bowl tickets last night and looking forward to talking about football and the game leading up. I'm hoping for a good game and that both teams show up. You guys have set the standard for excellence in college football, and I know our team is looking forward to the challenge. There is nothing but respect from Sooner fans to Bama fans, there is a lot a tradition between the two teams!
Welcome. :cheers2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.