We Need To Make A Statement In 2013 Sugar Bowl

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
... and I hope that statement reads something like, "Since Saban and Stoops seem to have a good relationship, that's probably why Saban let up off the gas pedal and kept the score reasonable at 31-14."

Though only God knows how the heck we could score 14 against your defense... must've returned a punt or kickoff for a TD...
I think we get off to a very good start. The seniors will help have the team ready but it won't be like last year as the stakes are not as high. I really would like to see OJ Howard have a Big game.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I think it would be nice to visit with Sooner fans. I also think it would be even nicer for Bama to have a good game to honor the seniors and show the fans they were better than the way the season ended. Maybe a little Sugar can take the bitterness out of our mouth.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Hello Alabama fans. Sooner fan here that is excited about the match up. I was in Norman when you guys visited in 2002, and everyone I met was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I just purchased my Sugar Bowl tickets last night and looking forward to talking about football and the game leading up. I'm hoping for a good game and that both teams show up. You guys have set the standard for excellence in college football, and I know our team is looking forward to the challenge. There is nothing but respect from Sooner fans to Bama fans, there is a lot a tradition between the two teams!
Nice post and welcome to the board. I think it's safe to say that our posts in this thread have little to do with OU (that we respect in turn) and everything to do with AU, bad memories of Utah, playing up to our standards, and our disappointment after the Iron Bowl. We want to make a statement to the world about Alabama football. It just happens that we'll be playing your Sooners.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I have a feeling that the senior leadership, with AJ and CJ leading the charge, won't allow another 2009 Sugar Bowl to happen in this game. I'm not saying it will be like the Mich St game, but I think they will come out fired up.

CitySooner

Dec 9, 2013
To be honest, I am worried for my Sooners. I agree we will probably see the MSU Bama, or the Utah Bama. I've watched a lot of Bama this year, simply because I must admit I kind of have a liking for them for no particular reason, and I think we'll get the Mich. State Bama sadly.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
In racing they often say the fastest car don't always win the race. One could also say that the best team don't always win the championship. We just picked the wrong night to show up flat.I hope we come out ready to punch OU in the mouth,play Alabama Football,and make a statement that we are still the best team in college football.
The Fans need to make a statement too, and show up in DROVES to support this great team, and this OUTSTANDING class. To do less would be very disrespectful.

I wish I could make it but I know I can't.

Nothing but respect for the Sooners and their fans. Classy program.

And I'm hoping Bama comes out ready to play their best game of the year and show that the IB loss was nothing more than a fluke. Roll Tide!
Yeah, I want the Bama boys to show everyone we aren't going anywhere. Just small set back.

Sent from my iPhone

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I thought about making this thread before we even knew what bowl we were going to, so thanks for doing it. I completely agree we need to come out and play out best game and just crush OU.

It'll show that Bama isn't going anywhere. We can ride that into a number one recruiting class and we are a solid QB away from being back in the national championship next year. Not to mention it would have us finishing second in the country. Making us 1, 1, and 2 for the past three years. It sucks we lost to the barn but it's still amazing to say two national championships in a row and missed a shot at a third against a team that got to the national championship in what was probably as bad of a game as Bama could have had all around. Add in the insane way it ended and it's impossible not to be proud as heck of what the team has accomplished the last three years alone.

UnnamedSooner

Dec 8, 2013
McKinney, TX
Nice post and welcome to the board. I think it's safe to say that our posts in this thread have little to do with OU (that we respect in turn) and everything to do with AU, bad memories of Utah, playing up to our standards, and our disappointment after the Iron Bowl. We want to make a statement to the world about Alabama football. It just happens that we'll be playing your Sooners.
I get that. You all are in a similar situation we were in the early 2000's. Playing for national championships, or being just one game away from it. In 2001, OK St. knocked us out of playing for a second title and us fans wanted a statement in the bowl game (Which we beat Arkansas in the Cotton that year).

Us Sooners have seen our program slightly drop from a top 5 program every year to more top 15 top 20 program. Still respectable, but not where we like to be. This season has been challenging with the injuries, and a couple really bad losses to texas and baylor. Then we finished strong, and now we are excited to see how we measure up to the best. To see if we are still in the 15 to 20 range, or if we are actually back on the upswing. I'm hoping that both fan bases show up in droves and to have fun with Bama and Sooner fans before and after the game, regardless of the outcome.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
If we give a Capital One type bowl performance then this game will not even be close which is really what I think will happen. We will see why this class of seniors is some of the best if not the best class to put it on the field. RTR!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I agree, we cannot have a repeat performance of the Utah game but let's also not forget the Louisville game either. I really expect the players, who are the ones that have to execute the game plan to play well. Bama and Oklahoma have rich traditions and have played in big games before. CNS and staff will do everything they can to have the players ready to play, we just have to make the plays when they present themselves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.