AJ Wins the Johnny Unitas Award

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
He won't win the Heisman but I'm glad to see him get this award. Congrats AJ and thank you for all you have done! You will be missed.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Couldn't have gone to a finer QB on the field, off the field, and in the classroom. If the Heisman is awarded to a person of great ability, integrity and good character, AJ would win in a landslide. However, the Heisman voters continue to ignore that nagging quality called integrity so I expect Winston to win the Heisman.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's refreshing that there is still such a thing as a team player. AJ fits that mold to a T.

He could have gone some place that would have allowed him to be a "gunslinger" and rack up huge yards, which I understand was his propensity until a narrowly focused CNS took him and molded him into the kind of qb that helps teams win NCs rather than racking up lots of individual stats.

So props to AJ for understanding that his own personal glory was not as important as becoming a leader of a team!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Congrats to AJ and thanks for the memories.
Never met the kid but he's forever apart of some great memories in my mind.

I'm in my early 40's and I can't remember a qb at Bama (can't remember Stabler or Namath) that had a better career.

And if I live another 30-40 years it's doubtful I'll see what AJ accomplished along with his team mates again.

Honestly, that makes me a little sad.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.