Jadaveon Clowney ticketed for doing 110mph in South Carolina

spray004

Scout Team
Apr 20, 2007
The drive shaft on my car breaks if you get over 125 mph. I guess they put better drive shafts on the cop cars.
If your drive shaft breaks at 125mph then either you have some major drivetrain issues or you are turning some serious RPMS.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I drive a Mustang. There's a YouTube video of what happens when you go over 125. Man, my days of driving that fast are way in the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
When I was younger I di all kinds of stupid things on cars and motorcycles. If you want to feel the road under you try a bike @ 135 mph.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've been briefly to 120 or so, most recently in my little Miata. It's turboed and I've modified it a good bit. I wanted to see how fast I could get it up to that and the road was deserted in the very early morning. I installed a roll bar, which I don't want to test... ;)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The accident Hulk Hogans kid had paralyzed his passenger, it's not funny when someone gets hurt or dies.

anyone remember Derrick Thomas? What a great talent lost!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
The drive shaft on my car breaks if you get over 125 mph. I guess they put better drive shafts on the cop cars.
That sounds like something your dad would tell you to keep from driving it too fast.

I had a 1992 Mustang 5.0 that I pinned at 140 once. It was rattling so bad it was scary, so I never even came closing to doing that again.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I understand wanting to get the bad guy, but, that kinda speed not only puts his own life in danger, but, also puts the public in horrendously bad danger & most times folks run just cause they don't have a DL or it hasbeen suspended for some reason..It's not worth putting innocent folkslife into danger..JMHO
There is always a balancing act with that. If it becomes known that cops will break of pursuit at xxx MPH, that can encourage speeders to simply surpass xxx MPH to get away.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There is always a balancing act with that. If it becomes known that cops will break of pursuit at xxx MPH, that can encourage speeders to simply surpass xxx MPH to get away.
What kind of car do you drive? I've never seen a car that has "xxx" on the speedometer.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I'm still amazed at how bad Clowney's conditioning was this year and his effort. When the play went away from him, he immediately broke into a light jog- absolutely no hustle all season.

He may still end up being an All Pro, but this just adds to the reasons NOT to draft him.
Money makes you more of what you are.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The accident Hulk Hogans kid had paralyzed his passenger, it's not funny when someone gets hurt or dies.

anyone remember Derrick Thomas? What a great talent lost!
my dad was driving too fast once, crashed and killed his best friend. He lived but it tortured him his whole life. He never drove fast after that. After my first speeding ticket, I got told that story.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Speedometer only read up to 120 mph on '69 Buick Wildcat; had needle pegged past that when I was in high school, so 16 or 17 years old. Scared me too much to try in again... I'd feel much more comfortable do this in my wife's 350Z.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.