Jadaveon Clowney ticketed for doing 110mph in South Carolina

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Funny (from the article)"This is the first time in months that Clowney has been seen moving with a sense of urgency."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As someone said on Twitter earlier, this is the first time this season Clowney exceeded expectations.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm all for having fun & allowing these kids be kids, but, with the recent death of Paul Walker from "Fast & Furious..You would think common sense would override stupidity..Now if the NFL coaches can keep his motor running this fast all the time when he gets there..He may end up being the best NFL DE ever..LOL

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I thought this too, but it turns out he's from Rock Hill, SC. From what I can tell that is a relatively affluent area, so it doesn't necessarily imply he has illicit income.
You took it wrong. I meant I'm surprised he is only driving a Chrysler 300. Not terrible but not exactly a Porsche.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I've never been anywhere near that fast in a car. Cop was crazy.
I understand wanting to get the bad guy, but, that kinda speed not only puts his own life in danger, but, also puts the public in horrendously bad danger & most times folks run just cause they don't have a DL or it hasbeen suspended for some reason..It's not worth putting innocent folkslife into danger..JMHO

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I understand wanting to get the bad guy, but, that kinda speed not only puts his own life in danger, but, also puts the public in horrendously bad danger & most times folks run just cause they don't have a DL or it hasbeen suspended for some reason..It's not worth putting innocent folkslife into danger..JMHO
True. If an innocent person had been killed by the police officer's actions it would have been fixed to exonerate the cop. I wholeheartedly support law enforcement but that doesn't mean they are right 100% of the time, or always make the right decisions.

I'm a little more inclined to be on their side in a life or death situation when they feel their life is in danger. This doesn't appear to be the case here.

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Meh. I got one at 102 in Florida one time, so he's got me beat. I have no idea how fast the cop drove to catch up with me, but I'm thinking somewhat faster than 103. ;)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The Chrysler 300 is Walter White's ride of choice.

I think I will not say in a public forum how fast I have driven on public roads, but it was fast enough to be unsure if the blue lights were meant for me.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I understand where you're coming from and I thought the same thing at first. But when you stop and think about it, what else are the cops supposed to do? If they don't ever run these guys down, anyone about to be pulled over would just gun it knowing the cops won't give chase above a certain speed.

EDIT: Maybe some officers on the board can lend some insight to the proper procedure?

Last edited:

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I'm still amazed at how bad Clowney's conditioning was this year and his effort. When the play went away from him, he immediately broke into a light jog- absolutely no hustle all season.

He may still end up being an All Pro, but this just adds to the reasons NOT to draft him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.